EXPIRED

Internet Speed (all Win 7) one version slower

I have VM 50mb broadband
    I'm using Win7 Home Premium
    My old Acer Aspire - internet speed good hitting 52mbps download
    My pc has dual boot (harddrive and SSD)
    on harddrive - internet speed good hitting 52mbps
    on SSD - internet speed lucky if I get 10mbps

I've re-installed Realtek NIC drivers, I've flushed dns, I've changed settings here and there (and reversed) as nothing seems to fix the issue.

I cannot find why my SSD Win7 is running slower - any help would be greatly appreciated

3 Comments

How are you testing your speed. Is the SSD a recent installation or one you haven't used much, is the slow speed because windows is busy downloading updates in the background? I'm no expert so just a thought.

Read this..maybe this can solve your slow SSD.......tomshardware.co.uk/for…wer

Have you also tried a different SATA cable and are you running your SSD in AHCI mode (this setting is in the BIOS screen)??

Original Poster

Evouk

Read this..maybe this can solve your slow … Read this..maybe this can solve your slow SSD.......http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/281475-32-slowerHave you also tried a different SATA cable and are you running your SSD in AHCI mode (this setting is in the BIOS screen)??

SSD is not new - only recently noticed the drop in speed

Had VM engineer around today to fix what I thought was router issues - there was some but he fixed them and he used my laptop - on checking the speed (on laptop via speedtest.net/ it looked fantastic ) and he left then I checked my desktop!! wtf

So I tried a few tweaks/tests here and there. tried changing cables, turning off wifi, but couldn't understand why the pc was slow so just to check I rebooted to the old harddrive OS and couldn't believe it when it was connecting at fast speed. I rebooted back into SSD (my normal setup) and it was back to slow speed.

Nothing to do with the SSD itself - it boots to desktop beautifully - it's network driver or windows internet settings somewhere

@Argoj No updates (I keep my systems fully updated) - no recent updates (except windows/software patches) nothing is running in the background using the network.

Done malicious/virus checks - all clean

Going to try to backup network drivers on harddrive os and restore them to SSD os (although both drivers are the same!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Flight delay compensation615
      2. Hard Drive Setup34
      3. ID Mobile - 30 day contract - Ending - Notice needed for PAC request ?11
      4. Foo Fighters O2 live stream?11
      5. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)918

See more discussions