Found 27th Jul 2010
So ive just changed iSP and filehost provider.

A couple of days ago i was on AOL using Rapidshare, getting speeds of around 600kb.

As of today im now on 02 and using Megaupload, getting speeds of 1400kbps

So was i getting 6mb on AOL and now getting 14mb on 02?.

Seems like a big jump and wondering if AOL have been providing me with a slow service, or maybe the old AOL router was the problem.

10 Comments

probably aohell, i was with them a few years ago and was surprised at the difference when I swapped!

use rapidshare with O2 and see what you get. then you can tell.

Original Poster

honeyb35

probably aohell, i was with them a few years ago and was surprised at the … probably aohell, i was with them a few years ago and was surprised at the difference when I swapped!

Im glad to get rid of them!

ErrorOperator

Doh. Should have thought of that!

Is 1400kbps - 14mb ?

honeyb35

probably aohell, i was with them a few years ago and was surprised at … probably aohell, i was with them a few years ago and was surprised at the difference when I swapped!

ErrorOperator

rougly its about 1700kbps i think

wtf sorry didn't mean to put so many quotes above^^

Perhaps you were on an AOL upto 8Meg service, you've now moved to o2 on an upto 20Meg service??

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture

Perhaps you were on an AOL upto 8Meg service, you've now moved to o2 on … Perhaps you were on an AOL upto 8Meg service, you've now moved to o2 on an upto 20Meg service??

Bingo. My area can only get 10mb just now tho. In a month it will be 20mb woop.

been with o2 for over a year now and at first was getting 8meg but now can't seem to get it past 3.5 meg and this has been going on for the past 3 months..

Lucky you, I'm on about 1.5 MB with a max of 2 MB.

It sucks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I posted a deal that has been removed37
    2. Looking to travel from belfast11
    3. Gatwick Airport Parking77
    4. Is this expensive?611

See more discussions