Expired

Internet/Network issues

16 replies
Found 12th Jan 2011
Hi

Right, i have a pc and a laptop in my office, my pc has issues connecting to the internet. sometimes i switch on its perfect the next nothing it says no internet access, when it says that if i uninstall my lan network drivers and reinstall them it works. so i tried a wifi card thinking that the onboard lan is stuffed but i get the same issues with that too, this all happened when i upgraded from windows xp to windows 7, the laptop which is also on windows 7 connects perfectly every time.

i am thinking of doing a clean install of windows 7 again, but thought i would ask here for any suggestions.
thanks in advance

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

I get this sometimes on one of my computers. All I do is right click the connection icon on the taskbar and choose repair. Works every time for me.

Original Poster

tried that doesnt work its getting annoying tbh might just do a clean install and see if tht helps

Original Poster

arrrgghhh just done a clean install and the samt thing is still happening even tried another lan card

Original Poster

bump

have the same problem, engineer told me it might be to do with my internal wiring so asked me to replace that and if problem consists to contact them

Original Poster

i have checked all wiring seems ok tried new ram,hdd, also tried another psu, it now works if i disable the network adapter and then enable it again

indianbelters

i have checked all wiring seems ok tried new ram,hdd, also tried another … i have checked all wiring seems ok tried new ram,hdd, also tried another psu, it now works if i disable the network adapter and then enable it again

yeah but doesnt mean its fixed, you will consistently have to do that when the problem happens, i normally use troubleshoot and says problem with DNS but fixed. Major problem with ps3 when your online tho keeps disconnecting

Original Poster

dcx_badass

They have a problem with the computer nothing to do with their router or … They have a problem with the computer nothing to do with their router or phone wiring.

exactly cos the laptop works perfecto so does my iphone on wifi.

you got any ideas dcx?

ohh ok didnt know it works fine on laptop etc

Original Poster

we tried that through bt too but will try again on the new install, its getting very frustrating now too
the pc is a Asus Barebones: V3-M3N8200 checked the latest drivers too bt no joy

Original Poster

nop just tried again no joy only way it works is to disable the adapter and enable it again.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Can you get a screeny like mine of the network settings and of the error … Can you get a screeny like mine of the network settings and of the error message please.

sure on static ip?

I lose connection a lot when it rains. Also when my ISP decides to do maintenance work on their servers.

Original Poster

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac118/indianbelters/Untitled.png

Original Poster

I have tried it without norton installed makes no difference it seems to do it more often on the LAN connection than the WLAN the status changes to Internet access when it's connected

Original Poster

bump
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769604
    2. Add one, leave one game54415467
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830

See more discussions