Interview at sainsburys.

Found 5th Nov 2011
Hi I was just wondering if anyone that works at sainsburys could give me any advice on the interview. I applied for a job which is getting the Internet orders ready. Ive not worked for over 12months since my last child was born and I've never had a proper interview as such as I worked for family since being 16 now 29, I would love this job as I've been struggling to find a job that fits in with my partners hours so we can look after the kids ourselves and not depend on others or put them in nursery. Plus I'm getting fed up at home now and the extra money would come in handy. Any advice or tips on what to expect would be great, I feel nervous already lol.
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
I did this job for a couple of years. Tbh if yours goes anything like mine, it's hard to screw up, they just need the people who aren't going to nick stuff from the orders or muck them up. I even said how the job sounded like 'Supermarket Sweep' and still got it!
Sloth/Mod
Good luck
Original Poster
an123on

I did this job for a couple of years. Tbh if yours goes anything like … I did this job for a couple of years. Tbh if yours goes anything like mine, it's hard to screw up, they just need the people who aren't going to nick stuff from the orders or muck them up. I even said how the job sounded like 'Supermarket Sweep' and still got it!

I've never done work like this before either I've always worked looking after the elderly so it will be a nice change. Did you find the job ok? This ones 6am till 10am which isn't to bad as the store is only round the corner and I'm use to getting up early with the kids.
The things that any employer will look for in a candidate are:

1) That they understand what good service is, and how they can provide it
2) That they're enthusiastic, and want to provide it
3) That they're competent enough to do the job properly
4) That they're quick enough at thinking that if something goes wrong, they can deal with it
5) That they'll be a good person to work with

Expect questions that'll pull that sort of info out of you. So, just think to yourself (and make it a written exercise, pen & paper) of all the things that you think an employer would look for, and think about how you can fulfill those criteria. You seem really keen on getting this job, and that's a very good thing, but just remember that you need to show the interviewers that they want you as much as you want them. But whatevs, put a little thought into it today, and I think you'll do well.
SMILE and look happy to help!
The initial interview is basic also a simple test to prove you can do basic skills I.e 2+4 = ?
I worked for them after I had my first child.

The interview was a doddle, talked everything DXX has said.

You will walk it if you are a harworking, honest individual.

As a company they are fair to work for. Its an easy job, no hassle at all. If you end up on checkouts though, watch your eyes. I had to get glasses after a while beause my vision had changed due to the close up work, then when driving home my eyes were taking too long to adjust to the distance vision which was a pest.

I also had a bout of depression whilst with them (my relationship broke down and hit me really badly) I was off sick for a while, got company sick pay no bother, they never harrassed me, they sorted a phased return to work and a lot of support for me as well. Which is not bad considering for a company that size I was pretty much just a number.

You may find yourself with overtime as well, if you want it obviously. I could work from 6pm - 6am some days, but the pay was worth it and the chat on the nightshift was good.

Good luck !!!!
Original Poster
Thanks, I would love the job so hopefully I can just relax and not be so nervous. As much as I love being a stay at home mum for the past 12 months, I'm missing getting out for a few hours a day and chatting to others. And with this job I will be home just after 10am so I've still got all day with the kids aswel. it's the first job I've found that fits in with my partners perfectly after searching everyday for ages, I was looking at doing home care if this doesn't work out, but fingers crossed it does.
Best of luck to you. They really will make their minds up very quickly into the interview. Dont worry if you are a little nervous, better that than a little cocky. Just assure them you are a hardworking, honest individual who is more than keen to get stuck in and get the job done. Fingers crossed for you

Did you put in your notice with the nursing home?
Original Poster
bossyboots

Best of luck to you. They really will make their minds up very quickly … Best of luck to you. They really will make their minds up very quickly into the interview. Dont worry if you are a little nervous, better that than a little cocky. Just assure them you are a hardworking, honest individual who is more than keen to get stuck in and get the job done. Fingers crossed for you :)Did you put in your notice with the nursing home?

I've not worked for over 12months since my son was born, my last employer wasnt being very helpful on my return to work after maternity leave so I had to leave otherwise I would still have a job, but I've enjoyed having extra time off with my kids but I'm ready to work again now as I'm getting a bit fed up being at home 24/7.
stephchapman1980

SMILE and look happy to help!

Getting confused with ASDA much
Taste the Difference Cookies !
Skyebee

I worked for them after I had my first child. The interview was a doddle, … I worked for them after I had my first child. The interview was a doddle, talked everything DXX has said.You will walk it if you are a harworking, honest individual.As a company they are fair to work for. Its an easy job, no hassle at all. If you end up on checkouts though, watch your eyes. I had to get glasses after a while beause my vision had changed due to the close up work, then when driving home my eyes were taking too long to adjust to the distance vision which was a pest.I also had a bout of depression whilst with them (my relationship broke down and hit me really badly) I was off sick for a while, got company sick pay no bother, they never harrassed me, they sorted a phased return to work and a lot of support for me as well. Which is not bad considering for a company that size I was pretty much just a number.You may find yourself with overtime as well, if you want it obviously. I could work from 6pm - 6am some days, but the pay was worth it and the chat on the nightshift was good.Good luck !!!!

wow nearly you life story, lol
This video really helped me.

LINK
do you mean picking the shopping for home delivery? if so I do it for Tesco and its a very cushy job not sure how Sainsburys do it but it cant be that much different than Tesco
Original Poster
Peterdj41

do you mean picking the shopping for home delivery? if so I do it for … do you mean picking the shopping for home delivery? if so I do it for Tesco and its a very cushy job not sure how Sainsburys do it but it cant be that much different than Tesco

Yep, I can imagine it being nice and peaceful as it's 6am till 10am.
My daughter is just 16 & got a job in our sainsbury working on the till, first interview she has had & loves it there, only part time as she goes to collage, good money as well. she watch a dvd at the interview & had to fill in a booklet, 2 days later had a e-mail to say she got the job,
So good luck & let us know how u get on
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions