Groups

Inverness - Fort William

Has anybody been there ? Im hopefully going up there to see my cousin soonish and i live all the way down in Basingstoke, long old drive (13 odd hours). Also as i drive quite an oldish car ('98 Fiesta) would it be a good idea to get breakdown coverage etc for the drive ?

Rep added

Danny09

25 Comments

Go to Fort William and further up north every year, great scenery if you like that sort of thing.
    Yeah I would advise getting breakdown cover without a shadow of a doubt!
    National coverage if you can find a good deal, you don't want to be paying excess miles if you are 400 miles from home and breakdown, would be as well dumping the car and getting the train home ;-)

Original Poster

hunchback;6262213

Go to Fort William and further up north every year, great scenery if you … Go to Fort William and further up north every year, great scenery if you like that sort of thing.Yeah I would advise getting breakdown cover without a shadow of a doubt!

yeah i like the idea of scenery which is why im driving, i was thinking of flying up there but after my step-nan and sister have done the drive and said about the scenery, i thought it would be worth seeing. What sort of things are there to do there ? My cousin and I are both Skiers/Snowboarders, is october/november time good for skiing/snowboarding at Ben Nevis ?

unless your going to walk up ben nevis then don't bother with fort william, it consists of, 2 tourist shops and a mcdonalds.

stick to inverness, loads to do during the day, plenty of shops etc and if your going at the weekend the nightlife is great. caters for the bacardi breezer get drunk until you spew crowd and the have a quiet pint while watching some live scottish music clientele.

Fort William to Inverness is a great drive although it can be frustrating when it's busy as overtaking is extremely difficult even with a powerful car. I doubt you'll get skiing or snowboarding at that time of year though.

John

danny09;6262227

yeah i like the idea of scenery which is why im driving, i was thinking … yeah i like the idea of scenery which is why im driving, i was thinking of flying up there but after my step-nan and sister have done the drive and said about the scenery, i thought it would be worth seeing. What sort of things are there to do there ? My cousin and I are both Skiers/Snowboarders, is october/november time good for skiing/snowboarding at Ben Nevis ?

November more than October for sure, the weather is quite unpredictable so it might end up chucking it down with rain for the whole of October.
    Glen Coe ski centre is on the way up to Fort William and Ben Nevis is a few miles north of Fort William.

Original Poster

ants97;6262234

unless your going to walk up ben nevis then don't bother with fort … unless your going to walk up ben nevis then don't bother with fort william, it consists of, 2 tourist shops and a mcdonalds.stick to inverness, loads to do during the day, plenty of shops etc and if your going at the weekend the nightlife is great. caters for the bacardi breezer get drunk until you spew crowd and the have a quiet pint while watching some live scottish music clientele.

so october/november Ben Nevis isn't the time to ski/snowboard then ? and only 1 problem with that, bacardi breezers can't get me drunk lol, they are just like water to me :lol:

come to dundee :lol: we will party it up :lol:

Original Poster

hunchback;6262263

November more than October for sure, the weather is quite unpredictable … November more than October for sure, the weather is quite unpredictable so it might end up chucking it down with rain for the whole of October.Glen Coe ski centre is on the way up to Fort William and Ben Nevis is a few miles north of Fort William.

i think thats where my cousin lives, Glen Coe, not too sure tbh, have you ever been to the ski resort ?

Original Poster

micoo;6262279

come to dundee :lol: we will party it up :lol:

may have to stop in mr micoo i already have to stop off at some girls house that i know in nottingham lol (met her on holiday 3 years ago and still in contact lol ( no nothing happened, and nothing will happen lol :)) how much of a change of direction is dundee to inverness ? lol

danny09;6262280

i think thats where my cousin lives, Glen Coe, not too sure tbh, have you … i think thats where my cousin lives, Glen Coe, not too sure tbh, have you ever been to the ski resort ?

No we just go straight by it on the motorbike, and its usually in the spring or summer.
    Jimmy Saville has a house up there though lol :thumbsup: ;-)

danny09;6262271

so october/november Ben Nevis isn't the time to ski/snowboard then ? and … so october/november Ben Nevis isn't the time to ski/snowboard then ? and only 1 problem with that, bacardi breezers can't get me drunk lol, they are just like water to me :lol:

to be honestI've no idea about the snowboarding stuff, maybe worth checking out aviemore, even then I think it might be too early but I'm pretty sure they have a dry ski slope thing as well.

danny09;6262290

may have to stop in mr micoo i already have to stop off at some girls … may have to stop in mr micoo i already have to stop off at some girls house that i know in nottingham lol (met her on holiday 3 years ago and still in contact lol ( no nothing happened, and nothing will happen lol :)) how much of a change of direction is dundee to inverness ? lol

its on the way and to the right a bit :lol:

Original Poster

hunchback;6262300

No we just go straight by it on the motorbike, and its usually in the … No we just go straight by it on the motorbike, and its usually in the spring or summer.Jimmy Saville has a house up there though lol :thumbsup: ;-)

Jimmy Saville ? really lol, wouldn't expect that! lol. Nice, what bike you got ? im looking at getting a bike soon

Original Poster

micoo;6262311

its on the way and to the right a bit :lol:

just a little bit to the right :roll: lol

]map of where i will have to go lol

danny09;6262312

Jimmy Saville ? really lol, wouldn't expect that! lol. Nice, what bike … Jimmy Saville ? really lol, wouldn't expect that! lol. Nice, what bike you got ? im looking at getting a bike soon

Yeah we stop every year but he is never in lol.
    I have a Honda Fireblade and my mate has a Yamaha R1 :thumbsup:

What kind you thinking of getting?

Original Poster

hunchback;6262356

Yeah we stop every year but he is never in lol.I have a Honda Fireblade … Yeah we stop every year but he is never in lol.I have a Honda Fireblade and my mate has a Yamaha R1 :thumbsup:What kind you thinking of getting?

lushhhhh! my uncle has a fireblade, well, as im only 18 im only looking at a Yamaha ZF125 (i think its ZF, got a pic with me on it but nobody will be able to see what it is lol) but there are a few bikes that i want once i pass my full test, i want a Suzuki GSXR600, Kawasaki Ninja 1000, Fireblade or a R1 lol

danny09;6262386

lushhhhh! my uncle has a fireblade, well, as im only 18 im only looking … lushhhhh! my uncle has a fireblade, well, as im only 18 im only looking at a Yamaha ZF125 (i think its ZF, got a pic with me on it but nobody will be able to see what it is lol) but there are a few bikes that i want once i pass my full test, i want a Suzuki GSXR600, Kawasaki Ninja 1000, Fireblade or a R1 lol

All great bikes :thumbsup:

my mates a surgeon, had a bloke in surgery today whod bn in a bike crash, had lost about 6 inches of his thigh bone, and apparantly his leg just kinda folded when moved, id stick to a car :lol:

Original Poster

hunchback;6262414

All great bikes :thumbsup:

i know lol, my uncle has a fireblade, my mate has a GSXR, my old neighbours had ninja's and i just love the look and feeling of the R1

micoo;6262433

my mates a surgeon, had a bloke in surgery today whod bn in a bike crash, … my mates a surgeon, had a bloke in surgery today whod bn in a bike crash, had lost about 6 inches of his thigh bone, and apparantly his leg just kinda folded when moved, id stick to a car :lol:

yeah but on a bike mate, you can have more fun, the GSXR750 is faster than the lamborghini murcielago

danny09;6262459

i know lol, my uncle has a fireblade, my mate has a GSXR, my old … i know lol, my uncle has a fireblade, my mate has a GSXR, my old neighbours had ninja's and i just love the look and feeling of the R1yeah but on a bike mate, you can have more fun, the GSXR750 is faster than the lamborghini murcielago

id still rather pay the extra 150k for the lambo :lol:

Original Poster

micoo;6262471

id still rather pay the extra 150k for the lambo :lol:

mate i wouldn't you can have more fun on the GSXR, if you was to buy a brand new lambo it will cost you £262,625.46 but a brand new GSXR will only cost £7,100 !!

Fort William didn't exactly impress me to be honest.. not exactly a lot to do in the centre from what I saw.

Inverness is far better with lots more to do.

The coach journey between the two was nice though.

Could you not fly from Gatwick? Or do you need the car?

beautiful fabulous inverness is the coolest city. if you have an account with lollyds tsb you get free aa cover, you must take it. you will love scotland, it is sooooo beautiful

Original Poster

emasu;6262537

Fort William didn't exactly impress me to be honest.. not exactly a lot … Fort William didn't exactly impress me to be honest.. not exactly a lot to do in the centre from what I saw.Inverness is far better with lots more to do.The coach journey between the two was nice though.Could you not fly from Gatwick? Or do you need the car?

need to drive mate, told an old friend i would stop in at their house in Nottingham for the night so i have to driver lol

danny09;6262227

yeah i like the idea of scenery which is why im driving, i was thinking … yeah i like the idea of scenery which is why im driving, i was thinking of flying up there but after my step-nan and sister have done the drive and said about the scenery, i thought it would be worth seeing. What sort of things are there to do there ? My cousin and I are both Skiers/Snowboarders, is october/november time good for skiing/snowboarding at Ben Nevis ?

Remember and do Oban, I was there today, then another 1hr 40min down to my neck of the woods in Campbeltown..... Great drive

And if your not driving.... Whisky galore....

maxmix
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Android "Amazon rewards" pop-up???66
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?622
      3. Ditched Sky1315
      4. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?33

See more discussions