Groups

Investing in an iPad for tutoring... Need market research

Hi all

I wish to Invest in an iPad for tutoring. So many people I visit have them but I'm clueless about iPads generally...

So which one to pay money for?

I'm getting all **** about market research, looking for 'mean median mode' and such... There might be a simple answer...

- Cheapest? (preferred, lol)
    - Specific model/generation?
    - Specific model NOT to buy
    - Latest ios necessary?
    ^Or is there a very obvious popular choice that lots of ppl have but CAN't get latest ios?
    - Any tips on finding 'broken' iPads (prolly on ebay) that aren't really broken?

As I said, I'm clueless re iPads, I could very easily make a mistake...

(budget limited, plenty of other stuff to buy!)

4 Comments

If they all have them why would you need one?
    Surely you have a laptop and your fave websites and can pint worksheets?

Really depends on what you want to run on the iPad? The iPad mini 2 is the cheapest current model but will probably be phased out next year, I recently bought my daughter a brand new 32gb iPad mini 2 for under £200 using my partners Tesco staff discount, they had a double discount week. With Black Friday approaching you should be able to get a similar or better deal. Personally I would buy new rather than refurbished or used so you know the history of the battery, its the only thing you can't check with owning for a couple of charging cycles. If you prefer a full sized iPad then the next current model to get phased out is the iPad air 2 so there are a few deals around on these at the moment priced around £300+.

I think he means he's teaching people how to make better use of their computers and wants an iOS device to familiarise himself with that operating system.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

I think he means he's teaching people how to make better use of their … I think he means he's teaching people how to make better use of their computers and wants an iOS device to familiarise himself with that operating system.

^That is what I mean...

sowotsdis

If they all have them why would you need one?Surely you have a laptop and … If they all have them why would you need one?Surely you have a laptop and your fave websites and can pint worksheets?

Most of my research isn't so much in learning, I don't have a go-to list of sites to grab worksheet from... That would help... I'd certainly welcome suggestions
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Multi fuel stove deals11
      2. Memory foam mattress topper56
      3. Are the free antivirus any good?78
      4. LG G4 Replacement44

See more discussions