Investment

Found 7th Dec 2017
A couple of days ago i purchased this investment
iii.co.uk/inv…acc

and the value has gone up 50 pounds already, from what i paid

I'm confused the only commission i had to pay on my share dealing account was 12.50

I thought funds normally have a buy in charge of say 5 % or so
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
any one have any opinion on this investment?
Clearly states initial charge of 0%, dealing charge of £10 and ongoing charge of 0.81% (bid / offer spread)

Iii have only rated the fund as 2 stars (third quartile performance)
Edited by: "chocci" 7th Dec 2017
what you doing investing in something you know nothing about?
you should have posted this question before you invested, not after you have done so!
mutley113 m ago

what you doing investing in something you know nothing about? you …what you doing investing in something you know nothing about? you should have posted this question before you invested, not after you have done so!

To be fair it is a managed fund, so they manage it. It's not like I'm buying shares at random
lumsdot5 m ago

To be fair it is a managed fund, so they manage it. It's not like I'm …To be fair it is a managed fund, so they manage it. It's not like I'm buying shares at random

whether a fund is managed or not, you still need to understand the underlying assets of the fund as to whether the yield and risk are going to be acceptable to you. managed funds will invest in certain classes of assets. you certainly need to have a grasp of management fees, platform fees, bid offer spread, tax implications of dividends and capital gains!
Most of my existing funds have been UK companies, thats why I choose this one as it invests globally.

I.e if brexit goes south, it may not be so good for UK companies and the pound
Edited by: "lumsdot" 7th Dec 2017
lumsdot25 m ago

Most of my existing funds have been UK companies, thats why I choose this …Most of my existing funds have been UK companies, thats why I choose this one as it invests globally. I.e if brexit goes south, it may not be so good for UK companies and the pound

the fund looked to be heavily invested in US equities, (and surprisingly Italian equities ), whats the attraction of Italian equities unless the fund manager belongs to the mafia family or works for them! lol

0.8% management fee is not bad for a managed fund. i prefer index tracker funds as they are passive funds and so have negligible management fees. it is also easier for me to track major indices and make my own decision to sell and buy on top of the investment manager.

if the pound goes down, the FTSE 100 indices normally goes up
Noticed risk is 4/5, that's fairly high risk. Are you risk averse? Could you afford to lose it all.?
Id say buy low, sell high.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants