iOffer.com stole my money

Found 6th Aug 2011
So i buy a phone from this guy, it was pretty cheap and he had quite high feedback so i bought it and paid him and asked him when he will post it, he replied the same day which got me thinking hes geniune. So the next day he sends me a tracking number of USPS, now its been 6 days and there is no update on tracking number.

I log into my paypal to check the transaction details and thats where i notice that he has posted a computer mouse worth 5.99 dollars.

I immediately opened a dispute with paypal and chose unauthorized payment because i wanted to make it look like someone had used my account to pay more than what its worth for the computer mouse, two days later paypal send me a email saying they have cancelled my dispute.

So i try to open it again and this time i choose item not as described and guess what, i get an error and it tells me i have already opened a dispute when it has been cancelled.

So paypal refuses to let me open a dispute and the guy also refuses to reply to emails, so i have been robbed.

I was told not to trust the site, i didnt listen, i got punished, i regret it now.
Community Updates
Misc
26 Comments
The facepalm is so strong I would probably break my nose doing it
The fail is strong in this thread.

Sorry OP, only thing I can suggest is to do a chargeback if you funded the payment by credit card.
Wow. They're coming thick and fast today. With the emphasis on thick.
deleted265520
You moron.

Why the hell did you open a dispute for unauthorized payment? You should have opened a dispute for item has not arrived or item not as described (when/if you receive it).

Do you have a link to where you bought the item from? I bet it mentions something about a mouse...
What's the status of the tracking?
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5694/thirdpartyfacepalmn.jpg
radical suggestion, ring paypal and tell them you made an error?
next time don't try to abuse the system
How do you know it was a mouse
lollingtons
Whats wrong with the mouse phone bro>http://static.phonesreview.co.uk/wp-content/phoneimages/2007/06/jela-usb.JPG
The only thing you should regret is opening a dispute for false reasons.

I was told not to trust the site, i didnt listen, i got punished, i … I was told not to trust the site, i didnt listen, i got punished, i regret it now.

you deserved to get scammed then!
if you was in the right, why all the lies....... about unauthorized payment ???............oO.
Paypal can get prove that you had made the transaction.
OP ignore all the people taking mick. Not fair.

I can sort it out for you, I can access the guys account, however I would need you to pay me £100 via paypal gift
We should 'riot' paypal. They actually would have something worth looting from.
Adnan786

We should 'riot' paypal. They actually would have something worth looting … We should 'riot' paypal. They actually would have something worth looting from.

Huh?
ivegotalobon

Huh?

Have you not watched the news over the past few days? The riots in London?
Who gave the OP "the right" to use a computer.
There really should be some kind of basic exam to allow access to the internet.

You couldn't make it up.
Inactive, your message just killed 2 birds with one stone.
1) iOffer.com - you can't say ioffer stole your money... thats like saying ebay stole your money or amazon did.
2) is the dispute over 5.99 dollars.? or did you pay lots more for the phone?
3) If its too good to be true, it normally is... unless its Oakley!
Edited by: "5nowman" 8th Aug 2011
OP deserves a beating with an iron bar
Lets not give ioffer a bad name for no good reason, I have used it for years without problem. Where is the item coming from? It is common for the Chinese sellers to mark down value of items for tax reasons, so although this is illegal and none of us can agree with it, he was in his eyes trying to do you a favour. Or indeed you are correct and he has scammed you, he not ioffer though
And again if it is coming from China, America then it is common enough to be held at customs for a few days, allow 2 weeks delivery and you will not go far wrong
Got my money back finally with Paypals help. Woohoo
but you are still an unbelievably stupid person
are people really this dumb?

I was told not to trust the site, i didnt listen

you only have yourself to blame!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants