Groups

Iomega 1tb Drive from Tescos.

Is it any good? im looking at getting a 1tb drive to use with a Western Digital HDTV box
    also have a 2.50 voucher and can pick up in store for free delivery + double clubcard points

£69 for the drive?

worth it or should i get a different drive?

6 Comments

I have one, but only use it to store ISO's etc.

You will get a split opinion on this drive, as there is supposed to be a bug with certain ones. I haven't bothered to find out if mine is one of the affected drives.

Original Poster

thesaint;5282622

I have one, but only use it to store ISO's etc.You will get a split … I have one, but only use it to store ISO's etc.You will get a split opinion on this drive, as there is supposed to be a bug with certain ones. I haven't bothered to find out if mine is one of the affected drives.

whats the bug? whats your opinion?

Been running 2 of these for months now as dual backups with no problems for storing photos in raw format.
    No problems as of yet.
    Backup onto them continually.

Read here on the bug> hotukdeals.com/ite…e=3

Original Poster

they Ide or sata drives?

get a different drive mate, iomega don't use any of their own components, if you read the box then it will say that it needs ATLEAST 8mb or more of cache, this is because they use different componets and they dont ever now what they need to use, best to go for a seagate or something which has a better brand mate... hope this helps

At this size it defo wont be ide.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      2. What is there free to do in your town?37
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …279966
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions