Groups

iomega portable harddrive problem

My iomega 320gb portable harddrive has arrived, it works on the pc fine but wont read in any of of my dvd players with usb function, maybe its too powerful for them, andbody else had problems.

10 Comments

Probably NTFS formatted, needs to be FAT32

Celticsun;5465714

Probably NTFS formatted, needs to be FAT32

Beat me to it, thats what I would have thought too!

Original Poster

Thanks it is NTFS, ill format and try again, just checked only other option if exfat? with a maximum allocation of about 32 gb only?

pughy2000;5465743

Thanks it is NTFS, ill format and try again, just checked only other … Thanks it is NTFS, ill format and try again, just checked only other option if exfat? with a maximum allocation of about 32 gb only?

Your using Vista Arent you?

Try and get a hold of an Program called Partition Magic, Max I have been able to do is 120GB drive with Fat 32, You may need to Partition the drive into 2 or even 3 segments of FAT32

Original Poster

yes mate

try using fat32format to format it , just google it

Original Poster

thanks a lot ill try these suggestions, thanks for the fast replys

Original Poster

fat32format program worked fine, works on both my dvd players now, thanks for your help

pughy2000;5466083

fat32format program worked fine, works on both my dvd players now, thanks … fat32format program worked fine, works on both my dvd players now, thanks for your help

How much did you end up formatting as FAT?

Glad you got it sorted :thumbsup:

glad it worked
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions