Groups

iOS 11 signals the end of the road for some hardware, and apps.

zdnet.com/art…te/

iOS 10 has a built-in feature for highlighting which apps are affected:

Settings > General > About > Applications > App Compatibility

I have about 100 apps under the above category

Bit of a swizz as have paid for loads of them!!!

15 Comments

Covfefe.

I predict a riot.

niget

I have about 100 apps under the above category. Bit of a swizz as have … I have about 100 apps under the above category. Bit of a swizz as have paid for loads of them!

Blame the publishers for not updating and Apple who usually don't care about backward compatibility as there's no money in it for them.

Disgraceful.

They're also dropping iPad 4 from iOS 11 too.

Apple have not made it worthwhile to buy new products so instead make your current one obsolete. Innovation not.

Does it matter as these devicea are atleast two generations behind. Apple have done this throughout the IOS range so it's nothing new. My ipad 3 got dropped ages ago plus it's a pain to use as the UI runs so slow.

Not Apples fault for moving forward, like post 3, it's the publishers fault for being lazy or abandoning their apps.
    There have been warnings for at least the past year that this was going to happen.

coathanger

Disgraceful.They're also dropping iPad 4 from iOS 11 too. Apple have not … Disgraceful.They're also dropping iPad 4 from iOS 11 too. Apple have not made it worthwhile to buy new products so instead make your current one obsolete. Innovation not.

iPad 4 is about 4/5 years old. What do you expect ?

googleboogle

iPad 4 is about 4/5 years old. What do you expect ?

My point being, what's so much better in the latest iPad?

It hasn't advanced in innovation nearly enough for a need to upgrade, so instead they force it upon you.

coathanger

My point being, what's so much better in the latest iPad?It hasn't … My point being, what's so much better in the latest iPad?It hasn't advanced in innovation nearly enough for a need to upgrade, so instead they force it upon you.

So much better will be the speed that it works, our iPad 3 with no updates or new apps mysteriously ground to a halt so much so you couldn't use safari. Full wipe and install and no difference, in the end sold it on and upgraded, they really have a set number of years in them.

Banned

coathanger

My point being, what's so much better in the latest iPad?It hasn't … My point being, what's so much better in the latest iPad?It hasn't advanced in innovation nearly enough for a need to upgrade, so instead they force it upon you.

That's unfair. didn't they make the newer ones in more colours?

coathanger

Lighter. Better processor. Better screen ?

They are a business making money. What do you expect. Same applies to all technology based equipment.

Its one thing deciding to make apps people paid for obsolete but they need to refund people no matter the situation. Apple shouldn't be able to have their cake and eat it.

How are they different from any other hardware provider ?

googleboogle

How are they different from any other hardware provider ?

This doesn't happen on android.

they stop supporting apps on older os and hardware as well
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?1415
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927365
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767287
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7141346

See more discussions