IOS 13 - Bluetooth connection to car - contacts missing

Posted 11th Oct
Is anyone else suffering with the above. Until recently all contacts have synced perfectly with BMW Connected and voice recognition has been spot on.

Now a chunk of contacts have not synced and even after removing the IOS device and reconnecting in BMW connected the same self contacts are not synced.

I have found others mentioning this problem but I haven't found a solution yet.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

4 Comments
I am on iOS 13 using iPhone 11 and have not experienced this. Have you checked the Bluetooth settings and selected sync contacts on the idrive?
I have exactly the same problem. Since IOS 13 some, but not all, of my contacts fail to sync to my BMW Bluetooth hands-free system. It can be solved temporarily by deleting the device and re-pairing but, after a while, a load of contacts are lost again. I guess we have to wait for Apple to fix a bug which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.
kevin.scottRr412/10/2019 17:34

I have exactly the same problem. Since IOS 13 some, but not all, of my …I have exactly the same problem. Since IOS 13 some, but not all, of my contacts fail to sync to my BMW Bluetooth hands-free system. It can be solved temporarily by deleting the device and re-pairing but, after a while, a load of contacts are lost again. I guess we have to wait for Apple to fix a bug which will hopefully be sooner rather than later.

One of the issues I experience is that when it’s connected to Bluetooth music, it’ll periodically disconnect and then reconnect and launch the connected drive app which is a bit annoying. Not sure why it’s doing it to be honest. Wasn’t a problem on the other phone
Recent update has corrected issue
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants