iPod touch (7th gen)
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

25 Comments
Not on my ipad air 2
deals6919/09/2019 18:50

Not on my ipad air 2

For iPad you’ll have to wait until iPad OS is released, which is on Sept 30.

iOS 13 is iPhone 6S and iPhone SE onwards (and iPod Touch 7) only
Edited by: "PhilKelix2" 19th Sep
Take it it won’t make a difference that I hadn’t got around to doing the last 12.8 update or whatever it was? The option isn’t there now, only iOS 13. My 128gb is almost all gone so I’ll have to do a lot of deleting before I update, it’s something I’ve been meaning to do for ages but i have thousands of photos to trawl through
Dark mode! 👌

It’s ace!
38503126-vyTvN.jpg
cmdr_elito19/09/2019 19:47

Dark mode! 👌It’s ace!

Only actually useful if you have an OLED screen though
deleted1410297
Wish the menu bar could be made pitch black instead of greyish.
paulj4819/09/2019 19:58

Why? Looks great on my XR.

Unless you actually like the look of dark mode
dmoore8119/09/2019 21:34

Why? Looks great on my XR.

Because OLED doesn't have a back light like LCD has so the battery consumption is reduced by just illumination the text rather than the whole screen.

I’m using it on a 6s, it’s much easier on the eyes.
paulj4819/09/2019 23:17

Because OLED doesn't have a back light like LCD has so the battery …Because OLED doesn't have a back light like LCD has so the battery consumption is reduced by just illumination the text rather than the whole screen.

Dark Mode isn't just about battery consumption, it can often be easier on the eye in a darker or less well lit environment to read light text on a dark screen.
MiniMissyMoo19/09/2019 19:34

Take it it won’t make a difference that I hadn’t got around to doing the la …Take it it won’t make a difference that I hadn’t got around to doing the last 12.8 update or whatever it was? The option isn’t there now, only iOS 13. My 128gb is almost all gone so I’ll have to do a lot of deleting before I update, it’s something I’ve been meaning to do for ages but i have thousands of photos to trawl through

Can you not find someone with a pc
use 3utools and send them to a couple of hard drives for back up then wipe off phone
snoopy1820/09/2019 07:59

Can you not find someone with a pc use 3utools and send them to a couple …Can you not find someone with a pc use 3utools and send them to a couple of hard drives for back up then wipe off phone

Thanks, It’s just me being awkward. I have so many pointless screenshots and multiple shots of the same photos of my daughter etc. I’m shocking for not removing them as I go along so I suppose I can remove them after back up which will still take me a fair while. I usually back up to a laptop then to an external hard drive but I am paranoid incase something happens to that hard drive so that might be an idea.
MiniMissyMoo20/09/2019 08:36

Thanks, It’s just me being awkward. I have so many pointless screenshots a …Thanks, It’s just me being awkward. I have so many pointless screenshots and multiple shots of the same photos of my daughter etc. I’m shocking for not removing them as I go along so I suppose I can remove them after back up which will still take me a fair while. I usually back up to a laptop then to an external hard drive but I am paranoid incase something happens to that hard drive so that might be an idea.

Heh we all get busy so its understanable and ive loads of screenshots that I`ll never use
I have my photos backed up on pc, in a harddrive in a fireproof safe and another at friends house, best to be safe
snoopy1820/09/2019 08:47

Heh we all get busy so its understanable and ive loads of screenshots that …Heh we all get busy so its understanable and ive loads of screenshots that I`ll never use I have my photos backed up on pc, in a harddrive in a fireproof safe and another at friends house, best to be safe

Hehe glad I’m not the only one. It’s a 7 I have so it’s 3 years old and I also have photos on it from previous models so some go back to 2011. I miss the days of going to a photo centre and getting them developed I didn’t even think of a fireproof safe, great idea as my dad has one. Thank you
Ok, dark mode is good, but I'm still underwhelmed by the update after reading how it's going to improve my experience with the phone. That said, I'm kind of pleased that it's pretty much the same old, as I'm one of those people who doesn't like change.
iPadOS and iOS 13.1 will be available to download on 24th September.
Predikuesi20/09/2019 09:00

Ok, dark mode is good, but I'm still underwhelmed by the update after …Ok, dark mode is good, but I'm still underwhelmed by the update after reading how it's going to improve my experience with the phone. That said, I'm kind of pleased that it's pretty much the same old, as I'm one of those people who doesn't like change.

What changes were you expecting that haven't happened? Dark mode, reorganised photos and reminders are the headlines this time. Some speed updates and changes to sharing and saving between apps are also useful.

For power saving, yes. But many just like the look of the darker screen and it's usually easier on the eyes.
pasgun20/09/2019 12:23

For power saving, yes. But many just like the look of the darker screen …For power saving, yes. But many just like the look of the darker screen and it's usually easier on the eyes.

hasn't there always been an 'easy on the eyes' mode in the accessabilty options like a high contract mode anyway?
yet to do on the SE any gripes?
ssc120/09/2019 12:47

yet to do on the SE any gripes?

Just check any apps that are mission critical to you will work with ios 13 first. I know for a fact that the Yale Conexis app will not work on ios 13 and they have advised people not to upgrade otherwise you may be locked out of the house.
Edited by: "paulj48" 20th Sep
paulj4819/09/2019 23:17

Because OLED doesn't have a back light like LCD has so the battery …Because OLED doesn't have a back light like LCD has so the battery consumption is reduced by just illumination the text rather than the whole screen.

It’s useful to me. And a colleague that has the Xs Max sat his phone next to mine earlier today, and yes, you can see that the display is crisper, but to an average pair of eyes, there’s not a huge amount of difference visually.

Looks good on my XR, so, actually, yes, I do find it useful.
Does anyone know if this update is worth it? From previous experiences, it has slowed my phone down and don't want to make the same mistake twice! Any tips?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants