Groups

ios 6 videos

hi recently backed up via settings-icloud-back up now then done a factory reset via settinngs-general-erase all settings and data and when everything restored, everything was there apart from videos and music... MORE IMPORTANTLY ''VIDEOS'' INSIDE BLUE ICON... I NO LONGER HAVE THESE ON MY COMPUTER EVEN AND WERE VERY IMPORTANT, ANY IDEAS HOW TO GET EM BCK?

11 Comments

Do you backup with itunes ?

Original Poster

kester76

Do you backup with itunes ?

NOPE whats the diff between cloud and itunes?

What sort of videos were they? Ones you recorded on the phone?

Original Poster

misterleoni

What sort of videos were they? Ones you recorded on the phone?

onnes i put on in the ''video'' tab in itunes

machomansavage

onnes i put on in the ''video'' tab in itunes

So were they iTunes content? Or videos from camera roll? If it's just videos you copied over from iTunes on your PC then they won't get backed up by iCloud as far as I know.

Switch to android

Original Poster

kay1992

Switch to android

​isit a drag and drop with android en?

Original Poster

misterleoni

So were they iTunes content? Or videos from camera roll? If it's just … So were they iTunes content? Or videos from camera roll? If it's just videos you copied over from iTunes on your PC then they won't get backed up by iCloud as far as I know.

​videos i copied to iTunes video tab years ago tht i no longer have on pc

machomansavage

NOPE whats the diff between cloud and itunes?

iTunes keeps a back up of the files on your iOS device when you sync with it.

Original Poster

kester76

iTunes keeps a back up of the files on your iOS device when you sync … iTunes keeps a back up of the files on your iOS device when you sync with it.

So what's difference between sync and restore via iTunes? Really cannot find these videos anywhere think I'll move to android much more user friendly we're salves to apple

machomansavage

So what's difference between sync and restore via iTunes? Really cannot … So what's difference between sync and restore via iTunes? Really cannot find these videos anywhere think I'll move to android much more user friendly we're salves to apple

I no real idea, itunes is a hell hole of weird apple stuff. Normally when you do a itunes backup it copies the whole lot but takes up alot of data. iCloud is just the crap apple deems to be your most important data. Pretty much if your photo/videos aren't stored in the local camera roll then icloud isn't bothered.

Bunch of control freaks and it runs that ass on every platform except Mac.

I guess you could do a search for ios data recovery software. The phone uses flash so unless you've written over the previous nand space then you should be able to recover something. It's a common occurence so there should be a lot of good software out there for this task.
    Edited by: "kester76" 8th Jan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1618
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions