Expired

iOS 8 details,thoughts,suggestions and information

Found 25th May 2014
Apple will soon release the iOS 8 this June during the Worldwide Developers Conference. As the release date approaches, more information about the iOS 8 features comes up. The latest hints that Apple may be working on a multitasking support for the iPad. People may soon be able to open two applications simultaneously or on either side of the iPad's screen.

Previously, it was reported that Apple decided to focus on two products for the WWDC: the iOS 8 and the OS X Mavericks 10.10. According to a report by 9to5Mac, the tech giant will include a split-screen support feature on the upcoming OS. The feature will allow users to open two applications on the iPad dividing the screen into half. Previously, the iPad was limited to a "unitasking" mode.
The inspiration behind the split-screen support system came from Microsoft's Surface 2. When in landscape mode, users can open two applications at once. For quite some time, it has been the definite advantage Microsoft had over Apple. This time, it will serve as a gateway for Apple to improve the overall user experience of the iPad.

People can also transfer content like videos, images and text to different programs under the same feature. Apple's main goal this time is to help developers create apps that can interact better with each other.

Apart from the split-screen support, Apple has also been reportedly working on providing better audio experience. CNET reported that Apple has been looking into the inclusion of high-definition audio playback in the iOS 8. Previously, iOS devices cannot handle high quality 24-bit audio files going more than 48 kHz. This time Apple will be introducing a few tweaks to accommodate better sound quality. Apple has not made official announcements about the iOS 8. People will have to wait until the WWDC to know more.

Information above was taken from a website but what are your thoughts and knowledge on ios8
Community Updates
13 Comments
I understand they are doing his res sounds for ios8, and health book
Improved Maps with Transit directions, augmented Reality

Preview, TextEdit apps to make iCloud more useful,Standalone iTunes Radio app

No game centre app
iOS8 will be out in September with the new iPhones. Not June.
It will be end of June
Beta will be released 2nd June for a September rollout.

They will not release iOS 8 to the public in June only to developers.
Edited by: "mds1256" 26th May 2014
biggoldring

It will be end of June

Do your homework, I don't even think this is out for devs yet.
aircanman

iOS8 will be out in September with the new iPhones. Not June.

This.

Other guy is wrong.

LISTEN TO ME SKYLER, iOS 8 will not be released to all in June.
That reminds me to get my udid registered before the 2nd june
the porter

That reminds me to get my udid registered before the 2nd june

LISTEN TO ME HANK.

What do you mean?
It won't be released June. It will be announced in June and will be released September/October - whenever the next iPhone and iPad is released. It will come pre-installed on the new iDevices and will also be released to customers of older devices then.

Now that's out the way.......I used the splitscreen multitasking quite a bit on my Note 10.1 and my Note 2. I forget it's there on my Note 3 but, it is something I'd love to see on my iPad as I use that a fair bit. I hope (although I've not seen any mention of it) that they also add the ability to choose a default browser - I use Chrome all the time and clicking on links in emails and have them open Safari is a pain. I know they want people to use their browser but, I don't so why be awkward. In most cases I don't click the link on the iPad, or I copy the link to put into Chrome. Very rarely do I open the link to open Safari.
bex85

Now that's out the way.......I used the splitscreen multitasking quite a … Now that's out the way.......I used the splitscreen multitasking quite a bit on my Note 10.1 and my Note 2. I forget it's there on my Note 3 but, it is something I'd love to see on my iPad as I use that a fair bit. I hope (although I've not seen any mention of it) that they also add the ability to choose a default browser - I use Chrome all the time and clicking on links in emails and have them open Safari is a pain. I know they want people to use their browser but, I don't so why be awkward. In most cases I don't click the link on the iPad, or I copy the link to put into Chrome. Very rarely do I open the link to open Safari.

0% chance of Apple allowing you to change browsers.
mboora

0% chance of Apple allowing you to change browsers.

I know :(. Shame though as it adds a layer of hindrance to the iPad's functionality. It's about the only thing I dislike about iOS.
bex85

I know :(. Shame though as it adds a layer of hindrance to the iPad's … I know :(. Shame though as it adds a layer of hindrance to the iPad's functionality. It's about the only thing I dislike about iOS.

Tbh I agree.

Even though Safari is good on iOS. I still prefer using Chrome as I'm used to it on PC.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants