iOS 8.1 (non jb) "Movie Box could not be downloaded at this time" - what to do?

Found 24th Jan 2015
Hi guys,

I had a link to Moviebox and Showtime Anytime for non jailbroken iOS devices that I've lost and can't find.
My iPad restarted which resulted in the apps crashing on startup. All my attempts at reinstalling from the links I googled end in the error message "Movie box could not be downloaded at this time".
I didn't have any luch with iOS 8.0, installed 8.1 and still having the same problem.
Any tips to get these to work again will be greatly appreciated, thanks !

1. Ask
  2. Movie
  3. iOS
24 Comments

make sure u have the latest version link, needs password 1234. top link on Google

Original Poster

Redonkulous

make sure u have the latest version link, needs password 1234. top link … make sure u have the latest version link, needs password 1234. top link on Google

No joy mate

Get a proper tablet and install showbox along with other awesome apps.

Original Poster

shauneco

Get a proper tablet and install showbox along with other awesome apps.

That must be the least helpful post I've seen in a long while oO

Sorry

Set Date to August 1, 2014
Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and change the date to August 1

Then try downloading in Safari.

Guide on

Installmoviebox.com

Sorry mods for posting link on previous comment.

Original Poster

shauneco

Sorry Set Date to August 1, 2014Go to Settings General Date & Time and … Sorry Set Date to August 1, 2014Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and change the date to August 1Then try downloading in Safari.Guide on Installmoviebox.comSorry mods for posting link on previous comment.

Nothing wrong about posting a link, surely?
Well, this one at least gets to the stage when I have the movie box icon and then the same message about ńot being able to download pops up

sounds like your broadband provider is blocking the site. You may have to use a VPN

I've had this problem, my fella put it on his but I can't get it on mine but managed to get one called playboxhd, but then I tried putting it on my kids iPads and it won't go on theirs.

MissyTrouble

That must be the least helpful post I've seen in a long while oO

I'll see if I can beat it then. Stop being a thieving, freeloader and pay for something that you want. No excuse nowadays, plenty of paid for streaming services available.

ipswich78

I'll see if I can beat it then. Stop being a thieving, freeloader and pay … I'll see if I can beat it then. Stop being a thieving, freeloader and pay for something that you want. No excuse nowadays, plenty of paid for streaming services available.

I agree. Can't be doing with all the folk who think that just because they can watch movies for free, it's not theft. They think they're clever. If they really were clever, they'd have a better job and would be able to afford sky movies or netflix or whatever.

Use a vpn download always works.

Original Poster

craigstephens

I agree. Can't be doing with all the folk who think that just because … I agree. Can't be doing with all the folk who think that just because they can watch movies for free, it's not theft. They think they're clever. If they really were clever, they'd have a better job and would be able to afford sky movies or netflix or whatever.

Get a life, you two. You don't really think your opinion matters to people who couldn't care less about you, do you?
Ironically, I have bought more films since discovering Movie Box than ever before but you are probably too narrow minded to understand.

MissyTrouble

Get a life, you two. You don't really think your opinion matters to … Get a life, you two. You don't really think your opinion matters to people who couldn't care less about you, do you?Ironically, I have bought more films since discovering Movie Box than ever before but you are probably too narrow minded to understand.

Would you like to explain how, because I don't agree with theft (which is exactly what this is), I have no life? I have a very nice life, thanks. A good job, wife, 2 kids, and I work hard so that I can afford luxuries like film subscriptions. I don't feel that if there is something that I can't afford, I am entitled to just take it. Unlike all the freeloaders who use things like Moviebox.
I imagine most are on benefits of some kind.

craigstephens

Would you like to explain how, because I don't agree with theft (which is … Would you like to explain how, because I don't agree with theft (which is exactly what this is), I have no life? I have a very nice life, thanks. A good job, wife, 2 kids, and I work hard so that I can afford luxuries like film subscriptions. I don't feel that if there is something that I can't afford, I am entitled to just take it. Unlike all the freeloaders who use things like Moviebox. I imagine most are on benefits of some kind.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Also amusing that said people come on here asking how to do it etc. clearly not the brightest of individuals.

Original Poster

craigstephens

Would you like to explain how, because I don't agree with theft (which is … Would you like to explain how, because I don't agree with theft (which is exactly what this is), I have no life? I have a very nice life, thanks. A good job, wife, 2 kids, and I work hard so that I can afford luxuries like film subscriptions. I don't feel that if there is something that I can't afford, I am entitled to just take it. Unlike all the freeloaders who use things like Moviebox. I imagine most are on benefits of some kind.

Isn't it funny how posts like this bring out people who feel the need to tell everyone what good jobs they have? It's not about not being to afford something, you're wrong. If moviebox was a paid subscription service it would be unrivalled. I find Netflix very overrated, same with Sky. The only service I use regularly is Blinkbox but they too are limited.
So I carry on in my wicked ways, watch films on Moviebox and more often than not if a film is good I will order a blue ray.
ipswich78

Couldn't of said it better myself. Also amusing that said people come on … Couldn't of said it better myself. Also amusing that said people come on here asking how to do it etc. clearly not the brightest of individuals.

Your spelling does not make you seem all that bright, either.

MissyTrouble

Isn't it funny how posts like this bring out people who feel the need to … Isn't it funny how posts like this bring out people who feel the need to tell everyone what good jobs they have? It's not about not being to afford something, you're wrong. If moviebox was a paid subscription service it would be unrivalled. I find Netflix very overrated, same with Sky. The only service I use regularly is Blinkbox but they too are limited. So I carry on in my wicked ways, watch films on Moviebox and more often than not if a film is good I will order a blue ray. Your spelling does not make you seem all that bright, either.

I love how a thief is always able to justify their actions.

Original Poster

craigstephens

I love how a thief is always able to justify their actions.

You asked so I obliged now go bark up another tree.

MissyTrouble

Isn't it funny how posts like this bring out people who feel the need to … Isn't it funny how posts like this bring out people who feel the need to tell everyone what good jobs they have? It's not about not being to afford something, you're wrong. If moviebox was a paid subscription service it would be unrivalled. I find Netflix very overrated, same with Sky. The only service I use regularly is Blinkbox but they too are limited. So I carry on in my wicked ways, watch films on Moviebox and more often than not if a film is good I will order a blue ray. Your spelling does not make you seem all that bright, either.

Spelling? Please elaborate. And if we're playing the pedantic game it's spelt 'blu-ray'.

Original Poster

ipswich78

Spelling? Please elaborate. And if we're playing the pedantic game it's … Spelling? Please elaborate. And if we're playing the pedantic game it's spelt 'blu-ray'.

A typo, well spotted.
It's "have" not "of". Couldn't have said it better, not couldn't of said it better.
Edited by: "MissyTrouble" 25th Jan 2015

craigstephens

Good for you but not everyone can afford silly Sky/Virgin subscriptions (or aren't stupid enough to fall for it). And Netflix? What a heap of crap that is in the UK, or do you DNS it to USA? If so, that is thieving.

If you wanted to watch whatever you wanted, the amount of subscriptions you must be tied into must be astronomical!

MissyTrouble

A typo, well spotted.It's "have" not "of". Couldn't have said it better, … A typo, well spotted.It's "have" not "of". Couldn't have said it better, not couldn't of said it better.

I think you'll find that is a grammatical error and not a spelling mistake. But i'll concede, congratulations you won the internet!

Well done you have used the age old argument winning tactic of the internet to pick up on spelling (or in this case grammatical) error.

But none of this takes away the fact that you are a thief.

darkstryder360

Good for you but not everyone can afford silly Sky/Virgin subscriptions … Good for you but not everyone can afford silly Sky/Virgin subscriptions (or aren't stupid enough to fall for it). And Netflix? What a heap of crap that is in the UK, or do you DNS it to USA? If so, that is thieving. If you wanted to watch whatever you wanted, the amount of subscriptions you must be tied into must be astronomical!

So are you saying being poor is an excuse to steal things that you cannot afford? I learnt that I had to save for something if I couldn't afford to buy it, not just take it. What an interesting view you have on theft. I do hope you don't share you values with any children?
Edited by: "ipswich78" 25th Jan 2015

And I will add before this thread gets closed that frankly the mods should be removing these types of threads as soon as they start. The website, by allowing them to stay is simply condoning piracy which is very disappointing.

ipswich78

So are you saying being poor is an excuse to steal things that you cannot … So are you saying being poor is an excuse to steal things that you cannot afford? I learnt that I had to save for something if I couldn't afford to buy it, not just take it. What an interesting view you have on theft. I do hope you don't share you values with any children?

You didn't answer the question

Nope I think children are a waste of money and time, as I need to save up for a Sky Movies contract.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants