Expired

iOS - Push To Kindle

Found 11th Jun 2013
Hi

i was just wondering if there is an app on iOS that lets you send an article or webpage to your kindle so you can read it later? To my surprise I can't find one where as this was extremely easy on Android

Any help will be greatly appreciated

1. Ask
  2. Kindle
  3. iOS
8 Comments

Under settings in the Kindle app you will find an email address. You can send Word or PDF documents to it. Other than that you can use a PDF creator app such as Web to PDF to open it in Kindle. I use both these methods.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 11th Jun 2013

See Instapaper.

Original Poster

Cheers for the replies. Wirh the first suggestion it seems a bit more tedious than the share with kindle one click solution im used to on android.

Does instapaper definately allow you to send to kindle? So i can easily and quickly send a webpage to it?

Original Poster

I'm talking about an actual kindle btw.. I dont even have the kindle ios app installed.

I would agree with Allosunshine Instapaper is a good one. For example I have saved this page to read later (see below). You can go directly to the instapaper website to install or you can use the iOS app. It's easy to set up YouTube link (video is for Amazon.com but is the same for Amazon.co.uk) Make sure you set it up to send free over wi-fi as sending over 3G may incur a charge.
You can use the 'send now' option if you want to read pages on your kindle straightaway or you can set pages to download on a set date.
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af129/juneyjunejoo/257C25CB-FD39-49C1-BDEE-0D327632D9FF-456-0000005F931BE4B2.jpg[/img]

Edited by: "summerjoo" 12th Jun 2013

Original Poster

Ok thanks for the help.

I bought the instapaper app and it seems the best solution. Still not as easy as the one click solution on my Note II though. In all honesty I'm probably going to return the iphone as I find iOS extremely restrictive. For instance, I can't even "share" a deal from the HUKD app to a contact in whatsapp and there appears to only be 3 or 4 things you can "share" stuff with whereas with Android there are dozens oO Minor grip to most people I'd imagine, but the screen size and lack of text reflow in the browser is annoying me too.

I'm sure iOS is great for a lot of people, but I've learnt that it most certainly is not for me.

Thanks anyway for all the help

I've got the Instapaper app but I must admit I haven't really used it. I just click the installed Instapaper bookmarklet from my bookmarks and its done with one click and will be sent to my kindle according to my chosen settings.
I've also bookmarked my account on instapaper.com so I can also choose the 'send now' option to send to my kindle straightaway if I want.
The funny thing is I sometimes struggle with my Android phone because I'm so used to ios

Edited by: "summerjoo" 12th Jun 2013

Original Poster

summerjoo

I've got the Instapaper app but I must admit I haven't really used it. I … I've got the Instapaper app but I must admit I haven't really used it. I just click the installed Instapaper bookmarklet from my bookmarks and its done with one click and will be sent to my kindle according to my chosen settings.I've also bookmarked my account on instapaper.com so I can also choose the 'send now' option to send to my kindle straightaway if I want.The funny thing is I sometimes struggle with my Android phone because I'm so used to ios

Fair doos mate

I just find that the "share" options are severely limited in iOS. I constantly use it on my Note II but with iOS you can only seem to share with facebook/twitter, etc and can't, for instance, share a deal on the hotukdeals app with a whatsapp contact. This also seems to apply to loads of other things too.

It's a shame, but ultimately getting a refund for the 220 quid "used" 4S and replacing it with a 120 quid One S or 150 quid "used" One X is a better solution for me personally. I can see why others prefer iOS but I just can't deal with being restricted as much as that.
Edited by: "chris2010uk" 12th Jun 2013
Post a comment
@
    Text