Ip camera help

Posted 24th Feb
Hi guys.

Looking for a cheap up camera to monitor my driveway. Will stick it at the window in the bedroom.

I’m wanting one that allows access remotely but doesn’t record to the cloud. I want to record it to my pc and I’ll then check the footage later if needed.

My pc is in a different room, so unless I install it In the living room, I will need WiFi or powerline adapters with Lan for the bedroom (living room could run lan as it’s right next to the router)

Is there anything like this available?

Thanks guys
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

23 Comments
hotukdeals.com/dea…001

I've just this minute ordered one of these for £16 delivered from Spain. You can record to SD card and upload to pc.
Dyslexic_Dog24/02/2020 09:41

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/yi-home-camera-1080p-fhd-wireless-ip-camera-for-1638-delivered-from-euwith-sitewide-voucher-at-aliexpress-deals-yi-official-store-3410001I've just this minute ordered one of these for £16 delivered from Spain. You can record to SD card and upload to pc.

Ideally I wanted something that would record to pc directly?
h2yprboy24/02/2020 09:45

I think you are not going to find such a camera like that.
All IP cameras record to SD card or to the cloud or to a setup box. I do not know any camera recordbto the pc.

Gabooorrr24/02/2020 10:13

I think you are not going to find such a camera like that.All IP cameras …I think you are not going to find such a camera like that.All IP cameras record to SD card or to the cloud or to a setup box. I do not know any camera recordbto the pc.

All of the Reolink cameras will record to PC and SD

amazon.co.uk/Reo…8-3
sillyoldbear24/02/2020 10:20

All of the Reolink cameras will record to PC and …All of the Reolink cameras will record to PC and SDhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Reolink-Surveillance-Waterproof-Detection-RLC-410-5MP/dp/B07C75C47B/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=reolink&qid=1582539549&sr=8-3

No they are record to the NVR and you can watch it on a PC and save it but directly they are not record to the PC.
Edited by: "Gabooorrr" 24th Feb
Gabooorrr24/02/2020 10:22

No they are record to the NVR and you can watch it on a PC and save it but …No they are record to the NVR and you can watch it on a PC and save it but directly they are nit record to the PC.

They do mate, I'm running two that save to a hard drive on my pc .. you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
£5.49 delivered prime with free game, even crying baby detection, unbelievablly high resolution. Only 3 left in stock at time if this post. amazon.co.uk/pil…N4/
sillyoldbear24/02/2020 10:25

They do mate, I'm running two that save to a hard drive on my pc .. you …They do mate, I'm running two that save to a hard drive on my pc .. you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Do they have an ‘indoor’ version?

Ideally looking for something easy just now and then decide if I want to install it permanent.
AndyRoyd24/02/2020 10:25

£5.49 delivered prime with free game, even crying baby detection, …£5.49 delivered prime with free game, even crying baby detection, unbelievablly high resolution. Only 3 left in stock at time if this post. https://www.amazon.co.uk/pile-of-pants/dp/B07PPHNCN4/

Can’t go wrong for £5.49 on prime!
h2yprboy24/02/2020 10:25

Do they have an ‘indoor’ version? Ideally looking for something easy just n …Do they have an ‘indoor’ version? Ideally looking for something easy just now and then decide if I want to install it permanent.

amazon.co.uk/Reo…8-6

But you may get IR reflection issues pointing it through a window .... plus camera placement angles, so on and so forth. up to you though. I wouldn't mess about with anything less than 1080P really. 2k and upwardsas if you catch something on 720 that you want to record you're going to be angry when it looks like you filmed it on a potato
sillyoldbear24/02/2020 10:31

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reolink-Camera-2-4GHz-Surveillance-Monitoring/dp/B075V3DFZP/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=reolink+indoor&qid=1582540092&sr=8-6But you may get IR reflection issues pointing it through a window .... plus camera placement angles, so on and so forth. up to you though. I wouldn't mess about with anything less than 1080P really. 2k and upwardsas if you catch something on 720 that you want to record you're going to be angry when it looks like you filmed it on a potato

As per the above post - that’s a cheap indoor one - I will see how I get on with that!

Otherwise I’ll install an external system. Just know access to the eves is a pain in the bum with it being a new build!
h2yprboy24/02/2020 10:34

As per the above post - that’s a cheap indoor one - I will see how I get o …As per the above post - that’s a cheap indoor one - I will see how I get on with that! Otherwise I’ll install an external system. Just know access to the eves is a pain in the bum with it being a new build!

you can always return it, when you realise you can't make anything out past 10 ft
sillyoldbear24/02/2020 10:36

you can always return it, when you realise you can't make anything out …you can always return it, when you realise you can't make anything out past 10 ft

It’s just to see whether there is enough ‘activity’ to want to know what’s going on.
Here's a cheaper way, use a webcam and then use a free software like ispyconnect.com/
You will need a cheap laptop with a decent hard drive too. Lenovo i5's on ebay are about £80.
You can then install Box and configure Box to upload these videos at regular interbals.
h2yprboy24/02/2020 10:29

Can’t go wrong for £5.49 on prime!

Sure. The app might be rubbish, probably can't turn the IR off which will reflect back against the camera at night, probably can't get tape to permanently stick over the IR to stop it reflecting, WiFi might be weak, the stated resolution is so high it will saturate the network, if you decide to send it back Amazon might not provide a pre-paid label which means when it arrives at Amazon and turns out to be used toilet paper you've got a battle to prove you didn't send use toilet paper. Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?
If you're getting one for the window, make sure you can turn off the infrared, the neos ir can be switched off
AndyRoyd24/02/2020 10:48

Sure. The app might be rubbish, probably can't turn the IR off which will …Sure. The app might be rubbish, probably can't turn the IR off which will reflect back against the camera at night, probably can't get tape to permanently stick over the IR to stop it reflecting, WiFi might be weak, the stated resolution is so high it will saturate the network, if you decide to send it back Amazon might not provide a pre-paid label which means when it arrives at Amazon and turns out to be used toilet paper you've got a battle to prove you didn't send use toilet paper. Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

If I’m Not happy with it amazon will fully
Refund me. And I’ll
Keep the item. Always happens.

you can setup ftp by using the Yi camera hack. Can also set up RSTP and can disable cloud recording on the Yi servers
h2yprboy24/02/2020 10:54

If I’m Not happy with it amazon will fullyRefund me. And I’llKeep the ite …If I’m Not happy with it amazon will fullyRefund me. And I’llKeep the item. Always happens.

its a chess set. of course you arent going to be happy lol
chocci24/02/2020 11:01

I wouldn’t mind a chess set.
chocci24/02/2020 11:01

Nah, there's a pic of the actual camera a little bit further down in the listing.
This is what I use to monitor front garden (and wildlife at night)...and it works perfect, triggers on movement, records on PC, also has pretty good night vision.
amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
It's an ieGeek 1080P wifi camera (probably cheaper on fleabay).
Set the camera up using instructions before mounting (you can actually monitor it on Camhi app on android).
Obviously, it needs connecting to the 12V power supply, so you need a small hole through wall (I managed to squeeze it through same hole as BT broadband box). I then bought a small box to put 'extra' cables in and power 12V connection in (if you seal it well, it's waterproof). Typically...
ebay.co.uk/itm…fcc
Then download Contacam for PC. Add camera and IP address camera in settings and use rtsp transport.
If you want to get rid of 'No Donation title on screen', pay the $10 - or if you're tight fisted find version 9.0.7, and put any random email address in help tab/'license and donation' to activate.
Once up and running, you can set movement trigger areas, sensitivity, pre-record and post record on trigger etc.
Stores recorded files on PC and you can view live on PC...and your android phone (from anywhere)...grass needs cutting!
39973983-UPKlp.jpg
Don't mess about recording to a PC, it's not reliable and it's a waste of power. Either use a micro sd or a raspberry pi.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants