Posted 29th Oct 2021
I have a battery Ip cam that I just can`t get connected. It says to use the TUYA app but the QR code that gets generated cannot be read by the camera and therefore it can`t connect.

Through a bit of trial and error I can get the correct wifi name/password combination and therefore get it connected to wifi, but it won`t/can`t be seen as a device.

Reversing the QR code I can see how its made up and generating what I think it should be gives all the same results ( no device connect ). Does anyone know the correct format for a QR code for these things?

For a fully working camera from a different manufacturer its show in the format s:"network name",p:"password",t:"device name"

For some reason the qr code that gets generated but cannot be read has { at the start and end, but the s,p & t are also in inverted commas

Anyone?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    I think its "buggered".....strangely Amazon won`t let me tell anyone else who might buy it!
    Author
    deleted240282430/10/2021 11:53

Just return it and buy a different brand

Amazon have refunded as the supplier doesn`t accept returns. I wanted to make sure other people are aware that its rubbish ( and still on sale at £33! )
    I had a camera that couldn’t see the QR code on my phone screen, but I got it to work by taking a screenshot and then displaying the image on my PC screen.
    Probably connect it directly to the router and disconnect once you have established a connection. Had the same issue last year with a tuya setup. Which app are you using as from memory there is a way to connect without qr code.
    Author
    Mclwrth30/10/2021 01:16

I had a camera that couldn’t see the QR code on my phone screen, but I got …I had a camera that couldn’t see the QR code on my phone screen, but I got it to work by taking a screenshot and then displaying the image on my PC screen.

Tried that but it still doesn`t read the QR code. Thanks
    Author
    ifixit30/10/2021 02:54

Probably connect it directly to the router and disconnect once you have …Probably connect it directly to the router and disconnect once you have established a connection. Had the same issue last year with a tuya setup. Which app are you using as from memory there is a way to connect without qr code.

Not sure if its possible to do that? I can get it to accept network setting by using a QR code generated by a different app, but then it looks like the token code won`t be right so it can never get accepted by the app. Iv`e tried the AP/EZ mode and still not seen....thinking its faulty
    Author
    deleted240282430/10/2021 06:52

There’s normally an alternative way to QR s …There’s normally an alternative way to QR setup.https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/user-manual-for-tuya-smart-v3177?id=K9obrofrfk4sk

Thanks. Tried the EZ/AP route and still no luck
    Anonymous User
    Keith953430/10/2021 10:01

Thanks. Tried the EZ/AP route and still no luck

Maybe try resetting the unit?
    Anonymous User
    Keith953430/10/2021 11:22

I think its "buggered".....strangely Amazon won`t let me tell anyone else …I think its "buggered".....strangely Amazon won`t let me tell anyone else who might buy it!

Just return it and buy a different brand
    I lost the wr code and need new qr codes
    Author
    WR code?
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants