iPad 2018 storage full. When it’s not!

Posted 19th Dec 2019
My little boys iPad was full of games. Downloaded the latest update then said it was full. At the time it had 2gb spare of 32gb. I’ve deleted most of his games videos photos etc and the storage now is 15.2gb of 32gb. Almost 8gb of this is for updates and system stuff. It’s still saying it’s full. I have read they need at least 10gb spare. I’m no tech person but at half storage available surely this shouldn’t still be saying full. I’ve reset it and everything.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

18 Comments
I’ve also offloaded most of the apps aswell.
Best booking it into the local apple store to sort. If not contact them online via chat there very helpful on there
Try resetting and reinstalling the software using your pc through itunes
Sorry if you have already done that
parisp19/12/2019 14:36

I’ve also offloaded most of the apps aswell.

Even they're swollen.
Sorry needed to say. I can still download apps etc it’s just annoying me that there’s a notification on settings saying storage full x
Edited by: "parisp" 19th Dec 2019
There’s a few clean up apps, look for one with 5* on App Store. Basically the phones got a lot of things stuck in like save date not used it half downloaded things etc, it happened to me and I did the clean up and freed up loads of space.
toonsquirel19/12/2019 15:52

There’s a few clean up apps, look for one with 5* on App Store. Basically t …There’s a few clean up apps, look for one with 5* on App Store. Basically the phones got a lot of things stuck in like save date not used it half downloaded things etc, it happened to me and I did the clean up and freed up loads of space.

Thanks. It’s for the iPad. I was looking for clean up apps last night. The only ones I came across clean up duplicate photos etc. He only has about 40 pics on there. If anyone could recommend a clean up app I’d be grateful. Thanks xx
Can you go to the Settings menu, then select General, then iPad Storage and then take a screenshot of the storage breakdown please? Then we can have a look and see what is taking up the space. Also you can go to Software Update and see if you have an update pending, and if so install it, it could be that it has reserved the space for that.
This is because the software update takes memory
Haircut_10019/12/2019 16:17

Can you go to the Settings menu, then select General, then iPad Storage …Can you go to the Settings menu, then select General, then iPad Storage and then take a screenshot of the storage breakdown please? Then we can have a look and see what is taking up the space. Also you can go to Software Update and see if you have an update pending, and if so install it, it could be that it has reserved the space for that.

39440853-wxW6g.jpgLook at the bottom system and other they’re using the majority of what he’s used I’ve deleted so many games I can download still it’s just baffling me why it’s still saying full xx
Haircut_10019/12/2019 16:17

Can you go to the Settings menu, then select General, then iPad Storage …Can you go to the Settings menu, then select General, then iPad Storage and then take a screenshot of the storage breakdown please? Then we can have a look and see what is taking up the space. Also you can go to Software Update and see if you have an update pending, and if so install it, it could be that it has reserved the space for that.

39440864-0bZ4E.jpg
I have the latest software installed. I’ve seen people revert back to the previous update and it was fine.
I’ve had this issue before it was a nightmare , basically I had a lot of pictures on my iPhone but every time I deleted them the system storage expanded- the way I solved it was by purchasing extra iCloud storage for 79p with the intent to put my photos on there and then reset and start from scratch but from that the system storage dramatically decreased. If you go to Apple store they’ll most likely recommend they completely wipe the iPad like they did with my phone, they told me to back up the phone with the extra iCloud storage and then come back but I saw no point when it dramatically decreased the system storage.
Edited by: "Elliottt_" 19th Dec 2019
parisp19/12/2019 17:20

[Image] Look at the bottom system and other they’re using the majority of …[Image] Look at the bottom system and other they’re using the majority of what he’s used I’ve deleted so many games I can download still it’s just baffling me why it’s still saying full xx

What happens when you click on where it says iPad Storage Full?
Haircut_10019/12/2019 17:49

What happens when you click on where it says iPad Storage Full?

It says manage storage and learn more. I click manage storage then it comes up with the images I’ve sent x
parisp19/12/2019 18:00

It says manage storage and learn more. I click manage storage then it …It says manage storage and learn more. I click manage storage then it comes up with the images I’ve sent x

This might sound like a really silly suggestion but try charging the battery so that it has a near full charge and then power it down by holding the screen lock button and then power it back on again. Then see if that storage notification has gone.
Haircut_10019/12/2019 18:08

This might sound like a really silly suggestion but try charging the …This might sound like a really silly suggestion but try charging the battery so that it has a near full charge and then power it down by holding the screen lock button and then power it back on again. Then see if that storage notification has gone.

Thank you will give it a try xx
If it were me, I’d connect it to my computer and do a factory restore. Backup anything of significance, and set up as new. Then re-load apps back on that are in use, set up Mail etc. Don’t restore from a backup as any bug or issue that’s causing your iPad to behave like this will just be loaded straight back on to the iPad.

A restore now and again isn’t a bad thing, helps you identify anything you really weren’t using once you set it up again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions