iPad Air 2019

Posted 26th Apr
Hi, bought a display iPad Air 2019 last year but I guess the charging cable that came with it, wasn’t the original, as it takes about 7 hours to fully charge.
if I am correct to assume that it’s the cable that’s not perfect and the iPad is fine.
whats the best value cable that I can buy to get it charging normally.?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
What are you charging it from?
Sounds more like you are charging from a 1a outlet or a 2.1a outlet at best. A 2.4a or even better a 3.1a usb socket will be best. Unliket the cable cant deal with at least upto the 2.4. Also there are various apple plugs at different watts. 5w comes with alot of phones and other smaller devices and
Will be alot slower. My ipad pros came with 11w chargers and they are ALOT faster than using usb sockets or the 5w charger. A 5w apple charger looks like a normal flat plug and the 11w is more like a brick shape
IamMT26/04/2020 19:13

What are you charging it from?

The cable and plug provided with the iPad.
40547279-iLVUu.jpg
SoCal26/04/2020 19:18

The cable and plug provided with the iPad.

Has it always taken so long to charge?
What is the rated power in Amps on the charger?
SoCal26/04/2020 19:21

[Image]

That is the charger that comes with phones. Not surprised it’s taking so long to charge.

You need one of these at the least

apple.com/uk/…ter
SoCal26/04/2020 19:21

[Image]

Thats a YI Camera plug, where is the IPad plug that came with it or was it not brand new??
I think there's a firm consensus that the issue is the charger!
Look at anker range for value
ArcadeAssassin26/04/2020 19:34

Thats a YI Camera plug, where is the IPad plug that came with it or was it …Thats a YI Camera plug, where is the IPad plug that came with it or was it not brand new??

I bought it from curry’s... but it was a display model so I guess that they gave me a photo plug instead of the nicer and more effective iPad plug...
IamMT26/04/2020 19:35

I think there's a firm consensus that the issue is the charger!

You are correct...
snoopy1826/04/2020 19:36

Look at anker range for value

Agree Anker fast chargers off amazon for reliability and decent quality.
Did it state you would not get an original charger with the display model, if you hadn't had it for long, take it back to Curry's and ask for an original charger
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions