Expired

Ipad air has many different md numbers and letters. Please explain the codes for example there is md785B/A and MD788FD/A for what appears to be the same model, is it a country coding ? I have tried googling but due to google bias I cant find it.

7 Comments
AABCCDDDEEF which can be read as follows:

AA = Factory and machine ID
B = Year manufactured (simplified to final digit, 2010 is 0, 2011 is 1, etc)
CC = Week of production
DDD = Unique identifier (but unrelated to UDID)
EE = Color of device
F = Size of storage, S is 16GB and T is 32GB
Oh sorry that was serial number, the code you are talking about it probably country
FD/A seem to be silver, B/A seems to be grey.

Not sure if that is the only difference.

If you search on both strings in Google all the FD/A that come up are silver, all the B/A that come up seem to be grey.
ashraf86uk

Yup just found out it's what country it was sold in … Yup just found out it's what country it was sold in https://discussions.apple.com/message/20683764#20683764

While all the B/A do seem to be sold in the UK, there are FD/A also being sold in the UK, like this on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Silver-WI-FI-MD788FD-inch/dp/B00G4DSRPW

Not sure if the are imports.

Edited by: "guilbert53" 19th Apr 2014
Original Poster
OK I did a bit more searching by going to different countries through amazon and found these codes.

ipad air space grey
germany md785FD/A
USA md785LL/A
uk md785B/A
Australia md785X/A
So i now know which are imports and the right mains plugs.
Thanks for trying.

so ur not just a clown.

foes4you

OK I did a bit more searching by going to different countries through … OK I did a bit more searching by going to different countries through amazon and found these codes.ipad air space greygermany md785FD/AUSA md785LL/Auk md785B/AAustralia md785X/ASo i now know which are imports and the right mains plugs.Thanks for trying.

so ur not just a clown.u do have brains.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants