IPad Air now or next year?

Posted 15th Dec 2019
I’m still kicking about with the original iPad Air from like 2013. It’s been a dream and still in great condition but feck it’s slow. I’m desperate for a new one.

but I don’t know whether I should get the current iPad Air 3 or wait to next year in case they release a newer Air for 2020.

I'm sure from what I read Apple will bring out a new iPad Pro although I think it will be out of my price range.

all I really want is big screen for surfing and some games so don’t know if I can justify the pro price
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
lukey10315/12/2019 21:55

What do you suggest? I’m a complete noob when it comes to Android

No tablet does it as good as ipad does
11 Comments
Get a different brand that does same job at less than half the price?
Might get one with a decent sale price after Xmas I don’t see there been much change between current model and next year so I would prob just buy now if you want/need it
deleted1447778
Original ipad air slow? don't tell me you went above iOS 9, I'm rocking an original ipad air on 9.3.5 and it's fast, I tried iOS 10 and it was horrible not enough RAM for that version, downgraded to 9.3.5 and blocked all future updates.

Not that it matters, I'm still going to have to update to a new one just to use new apps or update old ones.
Edited by: "deleted1447778" 15th Dec 2019
deleted144777815/12/2019 20:40

Original ipad air slow? don't tell me you went above iOS 9, I'm rocking an …Original ipad air slow? don't tell me you went above iOS 9, I'm rocking an original ipad air on 9.3.5 and it's fast, I tried iOS 10 and it was horrible not enough RAM for that version, downgraded to 9.3.5 and blocked all future updates.Not that it matters, I'm still going to have to update to a new one just to use new apps or update old ones.

Ha I did not know that I’m on the latest 12.4.3 software .. ops!!

its a slow in a week in thejail
deleted1447778
loyalblue15/12/2019 20:51

Ha I did not know that I’m on the latest 12.4.3 software .. ops!!its a s …Ha I did not know that I’m on the latest 12.4.3 software .. ops!!its a slow in a week in thejail

If you could always downgrade it wouldn't be an issue, but apple are all about the money, I was lucky they were still signing 9.3.5 when I upgraded to 10.
eilidh.young15/12/2019 20:23

Get a different brand that does same job at less than half the price?

get a huawei tablet. they are great value.

No tablet does it as good as ipad does

I wouldn’t, with android you won’t get the updates you did with Apple the apps are not all optimised as they have to run on lots of different hardware and specs... any tablet will seem fast as yours is running slow but you will soon notice the difference...

i would just just get the new air now, with tech you can wait forever as they always bring new out, look how long the last one has lasted, it’s not as if you won’t get your money’s worth..
buyersguide.macrumors.com/

iPad has just been updated so suggestions say no however read up on it as it may be better to get an older unit with better specifications or wait.
Well 2nd hand from a reputable seller of ebay with 12 months warranty could be an option , you won’t lose as much and sell it on if you do get tempted with the new hardware in 2020
Edited by: "saeed2810" 16th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions