iPad alternative

Found 5th Nov 2017
Hi all- I’m looking to get a tablet for my 5 year old- we already have an iPad but wanting a cheaper tablet so he can take out etc. What’s people’s opinion on the best ‘cheaper’ tablet? Was tempted by the Amazon Fire when argos had £20 off but missed it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
Just buy a decent case for the iPad. A Fire tab will drive you potty compared to an iPad, they’re inferior in every way.

This one has survived several drops down the stairs
I bought my 3 year the amazon fire and she really likes it. Plenty of games and books available to keep her amused
I saw lenovo tablet on deal section a few times. May be worth a look
Amazon Fire tablet - we have bought one for a 3 year old. I'd wait till Black Friday - they will likely be reduced.

Obviously inferior to an ipad but we paid just £28 a few weeks ago for the previous generation - fantastic value.
Edited by: "Van1973" 5th Nov 2017
Original Poster
Thanks- yeah will wait to Black Friday & see what comes up. I seen the Lenovo - has anyone got one of these that can comment on the performance
got the Lenovo yoga tab 3. very good. £240 from Argos.
I got the kids version and it has great parental controls on it especially with regards to timing which was important for us. I also like that it has a child friendly interface which is simple to use but a “normal” one too. My only issue is the screen size as it’s smaller than an iPad.
Post a comment

Top Discussions