Groups

iPad and Orange PAYG sim

Banned
    I'm using an orange PAYG sim in my iPad thats registered to an iPhone tarrif giving me - supposedly - 250mb data and 12 months free wifi access

I have spoken to orange who have confirmed this and had a text confirming, but when i turn on the cellular data on my iPad im told that im not registered on a data plan

I only registered the sim on Wednesday night - does it take a bit longer or do i need another painful call to orange?

Or is something else up?!

10 Comments

Probably need to change you connection / APN settings to match that of your sim card.

What settings do you have in there at the moment?

Original Poster Banned

simplyjimbo

Probably need to change you connection / APN settings to match that of … Probably need to change you connection / APN settings to match that of your sim card. What settings do you have in there at the moment?

Orangedata
    Blank
    Blank

AFAIK these are correct unless you can tell me otherwise!

Depending on sim you may the following as they work when using a PAYG sim in a broadband dongle.

APN: orangewap
    Username Multimedia
    Password: Orange

There are a couple others available

Such as

APN: consumerbroadband
    UN: Multimedia
    PW: Orange

or

APN: orangeinternet
    UN: orange
    PW: orange
    Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 18th Mar 2011

Original Poster Banned

Just crossed my mind that i may need the iPhone settings not the iPad settings seeing as they think its in an iPhone

Sounds about right, I think these are the ones you need for PAYG iphone

Name: Orange GPRS WAP
    APN: orangewap
    Password: leave blank
    IP Address: leave blank
    DNS Address: leave blank
    Edited by: "simplyjimbo" 18th Mar 2011

Original Poster Banned

Some of these work but intermittently. Im sure it's a 3G sim i have but can't get a 3G signal

Are you rebooting after changing the settings, as this will make a difference

Original Poster Banned

Yeah rebooting every time.

I think it may be the sim. Will phone orange and request a new one.

Hi Chaps

i"m having the exact same problem as above. Iv'e had my Orange 3G card since last monday 18-07-11 and when inserted it does register in the top corner of the iPad showing the 3G symbol, but will not work, once I suss it out I will post what I did, if anyone else susses it please post so I can try it.

cheers

sweetcorn kid

retard!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285999
      2. What is there free to do in your town?612
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1736
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523461

See more discussions