Ipad battery faulty - Can i claim under consumer law even though it is 5 years old.

Posted 29th Dec 2020
It doesnt matter how long i charge my ipad for, it runs out so quickly and sometimes even when it shows 100% battery life.

It is an Ipad air 2, purchased in 2015, so i know its not anywhere close to new and it gets used for multiple hours a day every day.

On the apple website, it says "Under consumer laws in the UK, consumers are entitled to a free of charge repair or replacement, discount or refund by the seller, of defective goods or goods which do not conform with the contract of sale. For goods purchased in England or Wales, these rights expire six years from delivery of the goods and for goods purchased in Scotland, these rights expire five years from delivery of the goods. "

Does this mean that even though the Ipad is 5 years old, if the battery is faulty, I could potentially get it repaired or replaced? I do still have the receipt and box for it, it has never come to any serious damage, just a few small scratches and marks around the edges.

I know its a long shot, but has anyone got any insight.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Discussions
Top comments
24 Comments
Post a comment