iPad damaged on arrival

Posted 9th Dec 2019Edited by:"markvirgo"
3359611.jpgNot happy today as I received my iPad from this deal and it’s arrived smashed.
The packaging was a Jiffy bag with the iPad in its box.
hotukdeals.com/dea…909

hopefully get a replacement or refund before Christmas
Community Updates

Groups

17 Comments
Oh crap!
Comment 3 from the deal thread — “There is a strong possibility that the box it comes in will be damaged..........really bad packaging ......has been noted on several occasions........so if it is for a present you may be disappointed. Not enough difference in price to justify going for it at this price.”
picked one up from them for £211.19 in July (ebay 20% off).
Was it really bad packaging? Was it delivered by Royal Mail?
Yes Royal Mail. As you by an iPad in a shop box in a jiffy. No extra packaging or protection.
Contact seller, dispute! Damaged on arrival.
I bought a Nintendo switch from them on a previous deal, same thing, box in a jiffy bag with a UK adaptor plug thrown in the jiffy, in transit the UK plug got forced through the Switch`s box and put 3 big dents in the plastic screen, well annoyed at their woeful packaging, but they refunded quickly, no quibbles.
RawMukky09/12/2019 19:48

Contact seller, dispute! Damaged on arrival.

Already have.
What a carp company, can’t be doing with sellers like that
markvirgo09/12/2019 19:35

Yes Royal Mail. As you by an iPad in a shop box in a jiffy. No extra …Yes Royal Mail. As you by an iPad in a shop box in a jiffy. No extra packaging or protection.

markvirgo09/12/2019 19:35

Yes Royal Mail. As you by an iPad in a shop box in a jiffy. No extra …Yes Royal Mail. As you by an iPad in a shop box in a jiffy. No extra packaging or protection.

You can make a claim on the Royal Mail website. You put in details and the value of the item and they will investigate and give you some compensation if they think it could of been damaged on the way to you
Merry00009/12/2019 22:46

You can make a claim on the Royal Mail website. You put in details and the …You can make a claim on the Royal Mail website. You put in details and the value of the item and they will investigate and give you some compensation if they think it could of been damaged on the way to you

Not as the recipient of a parcel, their contract is with the sender. Even then if you are lucky you would get a book of stamps at best.
Merry00009/12/2019 22:46

You can make a claim on the Royal Mail website. You put in details and the …You can make a claim on the Royal Mail website. You put in details and the value of the item and they will investigate and give you some compensation if they think it could of been damaged on the way to you

Think only the seller can do that
I hate it when companies do this. I just bought a £350 food processor from Costco for someones Christmas present and the box arrived badly damaged. They just put the shipping label on the product box.
smokemeakipper09/12/2019 20:16

I bought a Nintendo switch from them on a previous deal, same thing, box …I bought a Nintendo switch from them on a previous deal, same thing, box in a jiffy bag with a UK adaptor plug thrown in the jiffy, in transit the UK plug got forced through the Switch`s box and put 3 big dents in the plastic screen, well annoyed at their woeful packaging, but they refunded quickly, no quibbles.

Yep, 13A plug is often the culprit in cases like this. I'd send them in a separate box to avoid this kind of damage.
On a separate note, I really dislike this business of putting a jiffy bag around a boxed item. The recipient doesn't have any inkling of whether the item has been crushed in transit, and has no realistic chance of declaring the shipment damaged on arrival.
Most of the iPhone’s I’ve had from EE over the years were just in plastic shipping bags with zero protection other than the box in came in, that always surprised me. Sky mobile on the other hand, the 11 came in a bespoke single use box which did the job perfectly.
Has anyone else had this same problem (with the iPad) from this seller? Or just OP?

Ill have to open mine tonight to check then! Getting worried now
It’s the same price on eBay at curry’s outlet with the new code... (PROSPER10) I think (was posted in deals anyway). 48 hour delivery
My postman is as good as gold the one day off he has a week I had an iPad delivered the relief posty dropped it over a 6’ gate guess what happened to it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions