Ipad deals

Posted 30th Dec 2019Edited by:"markvirgo"
Hi all

After receiving my ipad from the ebay deal smashed and finally getting a refund into my account I am looking for a good deal. (not ebay)

Is this deal ok and has anyone ever bought from majormobiles?
majormobiles.com/pro…BwE

Or this one from tecobuy

tecobuy.co.uk/en_…tml
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Aargh, the website has a sale ends countdown clock and Andrew in Canterbury purchased one not 5 minutes ago. Me thinks this website needs a closer inspection....
just buy from john lewis or currys - best/safe deals just now
tardytortoise30/12/2019 20:56

just buy from john lewis or currys - best/safe deals just now

Currys £349.00
John Lewis £349.00

Looking around the £290 price
markvirgo30/12/2019 21:00

Currys £349.00John Lewis £349.00Looking around the £290 price

you must have just missed out
techradar.com/uk/…les

try again on Jan 1st?
Edited by: "tardytortoise" 30th Dec 2019
According to Whois.commajormobiles.com registered in Canada 10/5/19
Scamadviser although gives a 71% trust rating does not give any positive highlights only negative ones. Also when tapping on the Facebook icon - nothing happens.
Proceed at your peril.
Scamadviser shows tecobuy.co.uk to be high risk - Avoid!!
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 30th Dec 2019
Toptrumpet30/12/2019 21:09

According to Whois.com majormobiles.com registered in Canada …According to Whois.com majormobiles.com registered in Canada 10/5/19Scamadviser although gives a 71% trust rating does not give any positive highlights only negative ones. Also when tapping on the Facebook icon - nothing happens. Proceed at your peril.

Thanks going to bypass them and wait for a better seller to drop prices
£247 at techinthebasket but there'll be little comeback if it goes wrong. Got mine OK but it's one of those Chinese companies who ship through the EU.
Pay by CC if you can.
Global warranty on Apple so warranty claims will be honoured if you buy outside UK as long as you have proof of sale.
wait it out, the 7th gen ipads were 289 from everywhere a few days ago but now just jumped up. Wait a week or so for the "sales" to start and they will come back down again
Seems kinda weird that the price via majormobiles on onbuy is less than directly via the majormobiles website.
2019 10.2" 32GB under £250 delivered, no import fees, Apple wrnty, etc via everybody's fave suspended merchant EGC (makes usual S75 noises).
Thanks markvirgofor alerting me to this deal.
I did some research myself as I needed 2 new ipads for my kids and was after a good deal so thanks for posting.
Tecobuy seemed slightly cheaper than majormobiles.com so was I inclined to buy from them but after reading their reviews I decided against it. Firstly, they are located in hong kong. Any issues, I have to post it back to hong kong. No thank you. secondly the reviews left online were full of customers that had a terrible experience dealing with them and took forever for the item to arrive from hong kong.
Next I tried Majormobiles.com. I was pleased that they were uk based and had a manchester phone number although it did ring 3 times before i could get through to anyone , their online reviews seemed pretty decent. mostly positive with a few negative. The lady who answered assured me that if any issues, I would be provided with a return label to return the ipads within the uk. she also told me that it had a 1 year warranty with apple. pleasant to deal with...What sealed the deal for me was that they accepted paypal. so I knew, any issues, I could just call paypal and complain and they would assist me.
I placed my order on Tuesday and have received them today. they were well packaged and sealed brand new. very impressed with how quick they got it to me especially with the holidays... My kids have not opened them yet, but will update once they do. All in all, took a bit of a leap dealing with a company I had never heard of, glad they accepted paypal for my peace of mind but was glad i did take that leap because i saved over £160 on the 2 ipads compared to currys so now can splurge on some fancy cases and maybe ill even buy the apple pencils from majormobiles.com
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions