iPad FaceTiming

Posted 20th Apr
Ok you’ll have to bear with me here. I’ve got one Apple account. On that I have my phone, two of my iPads. Also my mums phone and I’ve just bought her an iPad. If I want to FaceTime her on the iPad what’s my options? Am I better off setting up a new iCloud account for the new iPad? That way I can ft that email address, or is there a way of doing it using my iCloud account?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Your mum needs to create her own Apple account. You can use your own existing Apple account on multiple devices that you have, as long as you both have an account you can Face Time each other.
Ok yeah that’s what i was thinking. Just to confuse things further, I have two iCloud emails linked to the account, I should be able to assign one of them to the new iPad right? Would that be another option?
No she doesn’t need her own account I share my Apple account with all 5 iPhones in house plus other devices you can change FaceTime to work between yourselves using your mobile numbers in settings for FaceTime
toonsquirel20/04/2020 21:28

No she doesn’t need her own account I share my Apple account with all 5 i …No she doesn’t need her own account I share my Apple account with all 5 iPhones in house plus other devices you can change FaceTime to work between yourselves using your mobile numbers in settings for FaceTime

Unless OP has a Cellular iPad, this won’t work as the iPad won’t have number associated with it.
She will need her own Apple ID for that. Another way is by putting Skype on her iPad and setting it to automatically answer when you call her. That way it will be super easy!
toonsquirel20/04/2020 21:28

No she doesn’t need her own account I share my Apple account with all 5 i …No she doesn’t need her own account I share my Apple account with all 5 iPhones in house plus other devices you can change FaceTime to work between yourselves using your mobile numbers in settings for FaceTime

Yes but unless it’s cellular iPad it might not work since it won’t have a phone number
Yes it’s not cellular, I’ll have to set up a new account. Thanks
ReecesWaffle9520/04/2020 22:22

Unless OP has a Cellular iPad, this won’t work as the iPad won’t have num …Unless OP has a Cellular iPad, this won’t work as the iPad won’t have number associated with it.

Well
You can leave the iPad with the email/ then set up phones with just the number and not email as well.
I just set up a new account, was easier than I thought it was.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions