Groups

ipad mini 2 touch screen not working

hi I recently a few days ago I brought ipad mini 2 and was working fine till today when I fully charged it for the first time, the touchscreen does not work at all tried the restart but still nothing. Any solutions on how I could get this working again?

10 Comments

Have you just turned it off and back on again or have you done an actual reboot?

If you don't know how too then here's how:

Reboot device by pressing both the home button and sleep/wake (power) buttons at the same time for 10-15 seconds until the apple logo appears on the screen, then let go.

Hope this sorts your issue!
    Edited by: "Aaron_QPR" 28th Oct 2016

Original Poster

Aaron_QPR

Have you just turned it off and back on again or have you done an actual … Have you just turned it off and back on again or have you done an actual reboot? If you don't know how too then here's how: Reboot device by pressing both the home button and sleep/wake (power) buttons at the same time for 10-15 seconds until the apple logo appears on the screen, then let go. Hope this sorts your issue!

​thanks yes that's the reboot I did but the touch still does not work.

Try connecting it to a computer and doing a forced restore

When you say the touchscreen do you mean the display works but the touch functionality does not or the whole screen is black?

If you bought private then you may have been done, otherwise take back to the shop. If its dodgy now it will only get worse in the very remote event you can get it working again.

Original Poster

paul123edwards

When you say the touchscreen do you mean the display works but the touch … When you say the touchscreen do you mean the display works but the touch functionality does not or the whole screen is black?If you bought private then you may have been done, otherwise take back to the shop. If its dodgy now it will only get worse in the very remote event you can get it working again.

yh the display works but just the touch doesn't

Did you use the original charger? I've found that previously when using 'fake' ones they can mess with your device which I why I stick to with either the original or branded chargers now.

Is the device new or secondhand?
    Edited by: "joshp" 28th Oct 2016

Original Poster

joshp

Did you use the original charger? I've found that previously when using … Did you use the original charger? I've found that previously when using 'fake' ones they can mess with your device which I why I stick to with either the original or branded chargers now. Is the device new or secondhand?

​yh I used the original charger and it was brand new.

hishaq

​yh I used the original charger and it was brand new.

If you're still within your first year of ownership take it to Apple.

Check your warranty here: Click here

If that fails then:

If you prove to them it's a hardware fault you could go down the route of consumer law providing you've had the product less than 6 years.

Original Poster

Aaron_QPR

If you're still within your first year of ownership take it to Apple. … If you're still within your first year of ownership take it to Apple. Check your warranty here: Click hereIf that fails then:If you prove to them it's a hardware fault you could go down the route of consumer law providing you've had the product less than 6 years.

​Ok thanks I have got 1 year warranty and am going to take it to apple shop to have it looked at.

hishaq

​Ok thanks I have got 1 year warranty and am going to take it to apple s … ​Ok thanks I have got 1 year warranty and am going to take it to apple shop to have it looked at.

No problem. Apple products maybe pricey but they'll look after you! I'm certain they will sort it out. If they can't fix it then they should just give you a replacement.

You may need to book a Genius Bar appointment for them to look at it. Others say they just walk in but you may have to wait a little while.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      2. Spotify Family Premium share721
      3. Best £500 student laptop choice?11
      4. word association Game74044543

See more discussions