Groups
    EXPIRED

Ipad Mini original vs mini 2

Why get a 2 over the original?

I am an engineer but I seriously think for the £60 difference for what I PERSONALLY use for it won't matter.

A5 vs A7 64bitM7
    IPS 1025 x 768 vs Retina 2048 x 1538

These are the main (and fairly big) differences. I know I will be able to tell the screen 24-7 and can get over that but the processor for my usage I think I don't hammer it enough.

Can someone give a truthful assist (from experience) where I would notice the difference. I don't mind the £60 extra if really is a good idea.

My final thought is that it is a generation behind therefore i will be that generation earlier where i won't be able to ypgrade eventually.

It is to be a keeper so think it may be worth the extra purely on the IOS upgradability basis.

9 Comments

Does matter because latest version of ios needs a faster processor, plus the retina screen does look good on ipad mini

For 60 quid its a no brainer

Original Poster

Thanks.

Happy with the screen have spent time comparing, yes it isn't as good can live with that but will i honestly be noticing the processor/iOS issue if i'm not a hard user (i have a mac, macbook air, ipad and iphone, ipad is older gen (4th) and I'm still quite happy atm for my usage.

I think it is now just the fact of protecting my investment so it can get the newer OS for longer.

This is consuming my mind!

Might just go the whole £100 and go mini 2 with 32gb lol.

Mini 2 is MUCH better.

Yeah have to agree mini 2 will be supported by apple for a lot longer. spend a little more get a lot longer out of it

Banned

Mini 2 will get iOS 10, Mini 1 won't get past iOS 8.3.1 (ish)

Original Poster

Cool, that was my final thinking on the subject so think it'll be the mini 2 32GB :-)

I have first gen iPad and it still does the job for me...You never catch with technology these days.

Banned

Rimi

I have first gen iPad and it still does the job for me...You never catch … I have first gen iPad and it still does the job for me...You never catch with technology these days.

But you can make smart choices, and buying the first gen now is not a smart choice.

Depends if you will use IOS features, if you wont, then i would wonder why you want an iPad and not go Android, if you need iOS features then get teh newest and best you can afford for future firmwares.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions