Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

iPad or Laptop?

Posted 6th May
My child(14yrs old) is studying from home, and since their iPad Air 2 16GB is quite old now and with little storage space, I’ve decided to buy something new. But we can’t decide between an iPad, iPad Pro with a keyboard, and a laptop.

I need advice on this and which is better in what way. £700-800 budget.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Laptop, much more flexible for that age.
I would recommend a Surface as it’s more portable than a laptop plus it has touchscreen.
Also runs Windows 10 rather than a mobile OS.
If they're using it for school work, whatever you buy should include a bluetooth keyboard for ease of typing.
legionofwhom06/05/2020 13:40

I would recommend a Surface as it’s more portable than a laptop plus it h …I would recommend a Surface as it’s more portable than a laptop plus it has touchscreen. Also runs Windows 10 rather than a mobile OS.

I watched some videos about the Surface Pro 7 and it seems interesting. Still debating, but it’s definitely a contender!
i find tablets are only good for entertainment as they are pretty basic. if he is going to use it for studying, then you need a laptop or a chromebook.
Surface are great but consider where it will get used. Using a surface on lap on the sofa isn't a great expierence as the keyboard and screen aren't as rigid as a laptop.

One a table though its great.
What camp is their school in - Microsoft or Google, and therefore what devices do they use at school?
morgie06/05/2020 20:37

What camp is their school in - Microsoft or Google, and therefore what …What camp is their school in - Microsoft or Google, and therefore what devices do they use at school?

She tells me majority of the devices in her school are of Microsoft.
Djpal12306/05/2020 20:42

She tells me majority of the devices in her school are of Microsoft.

They use Office 365? I'd be looking more toward a Windows 10 laptop or the Surface.
Definitely a laptop, plus you'll get so much more for your money than buying Apple
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions