iPad present help needed

Found 28th Sep 2017
Hi both my boys have an iPad mini which they have had for years & can no longer be updated so they have both asked for a new one for Christmas. They are 14 (nearly 15) & 10, my 14 year old has asked for the iPad Air 2 but from having a look they no longer sell them new unless it's a refurb from Apple but they were originally released in 2014 so I'm thinking it won't be long until they can also no longer have the iOS updated. Can anyone give me advice on which one would be the best to get please as I have absolutely no idea , Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Depends on your budget. iPad Pro 1st gen are still kicking strong. 2 years old now though. I’ve just sold mine for £380 128gb 4G
Original Poster
Was hoping to Spend less than £400 but want it to be able to update the iOS for a few years too.
krisward795541 m ago

Depends on your budget. iPad Pro 1st gen are still kicking strong. 2 years …Depends on your budget. iPad Pro 1st gen are still kicking strong. 2 years old now though. I’ve just sold mine for £380 128gb 4G

The new ipad is very similar to the iPad Air 2, there are loads of comparisons between the two if you google.

Starting price is £339 for the 32GB
I have an ipad 2 - if it ever breaks I'll be replacing it with an android tablet.

I've had iphones and android phones - and the only real difference between the two is ........... price!
Original Poster
oh really. Is it just called iPad??
4Real201652 m ago

The new ipad is very similar to the iPad Air 2, there are loads of …The new ipad is very similar to the iPad Air 2, there are loads of comparisons between the two if you google.Starting price is £339 for the 32GB

Van197343 m ago

I have an ipad 2 - if it ever breaks I'll be replacing it with an android …I have an ipad 2 - if it ever breaks I'll be replacing it with an android tablet.I've had iphones and android phones - and the only real difference between the two is ........... price!

Downside to android tablets with hi res screens is phone apps look terrible, so pray all your apps have a tablet version, because its still an issue.

I don't mind iOS or Android I have both, I like the freedom of Android and the security of iOS.
penandwol6 m ago

oh really. Is it just called iPad??

Yes or ipad 9.7, if you look for a comparison between the two then google ipad 2017.

apple.com/uk/….7/
Original Poster
4Real20164 h, 27 m ago

Downside to android tablets with hi res screens is phone apps look …Downside to android tablets with hi res screens is phone apps look terrible, so pray all your apps have a tablet version, because its still an issue.I don't mind iOS or Android I have both, I like the freedom of Android and the security of iOS. Yes or ipad 9.7, if you look for a comparison between the two then google ipad 2017.https://www.apple.com/uk/ipad-9.7/

Brilliant thank you. Also Do you think i may be best waiting till black Friday to see if they come down slightly or just order now ??
I still use an iPad air 2 and it has never failed me. I would like to try the latest iPad though.
penandwol54 m ago

Brilliant thank you. Also Do you think i may be best waiting till black …Brilliant thank you. Also Do you think i may be best waiting till black Friday to see if they come down slightly or just order now ??

Apple don't normally do black Friday, but you might get a deal from another retailer, JL, Argos, Amazon etc
Original Poster
4Real20167 m ago

Apple don't normally do black Friday, but you might get a deal from …Apple don't normally do black Friday, but you might get a deal from another retailer, JL, Argos, Amazon etc

Brilliant, i googled as you said & on JL it's £339 with a 3 year guarantee which is a great price, ill see what happens BF & if JL do not have any offers ill just order 2 from there as i'm guessing the extra 2 year guarantee is worth more than most place's will reduce it by.Thank you so much for your help as you can see i'm not very up with technology lol :-)
penandwol6 m ago

Brilliant, i googled as you said & on JL it's £339 with a 3 year guarantee …Brilliant, i googled as you said & on JL it's £339 with a 3 year guarantee which is a great price, ill see what happens BF & if JL do not have any offers ill just order 2 from there as i'm guessing the extra 2 year guarantee is worth more than most place's will reduce it by.Thank you so much for your help as you can see i'm not very up with technology lol :-)

No problem, I'm sure they will be happy, it's faster than the iPad Air 2 and that's no slouch.
Original Poster
4Real201619 m ago

No problem, I'm sure they will be happy, it's faster than the iPad Air 2 …No problem, I'm sure they will be happy, it's faster than the iPad Air 2 and that's no slouch.

oh great (takes a lot to make the nearly 15 year old happy :-) ) so you think that will be the best one? & it will be able to be updated to the ios for at least a few years ??
I was in the same boat - i have ipad mini. Having searched around for ages looking at reviews. I went for the ipad mini 4.

I was going to go with the new ipad but the screen put me off.
penandwol22 m ago

oh great (takes a lot to make the nearly 15 year old happy :-) ) so you …oh great (takes a lot to make the nearly 15 year old happy :-) ) so you think that will be the best one? & it will be able to be updated to the ios for at least a few years ??

I don't see an alternative, it should last a while as far as updates are concerned.
Caroline_199320 m ago

I was in the same boat - i have ipad mini. Having searched around for ages …I was in the same boat - i have ipad mini. Having searched around for ages looking at reviews. I went for the ipad mini 4. I was going to go with the new ipad but the screen put me off.

Shouldn't have let the screen put you off, I'm using a iPad Air and its pretty much the same screen (unbonded), perfectly happy with mine and I'm fussy as hell.
Original Poster
Caroline_199329 m ago

I was in the same boat - i have ipad mini. Having searched around for ages …I was in the same boat - i have ipad mini. Having searched around for ages looking at reviews. I went for the ipad mini 4. I was going to go with the new ipad but the screen put me off.

oohh what's wrong with the screen???
Original Poster
4Real201613 m ago

I don't see an alternative, it should last a while as far as updates are …I don't see an alternative, it should last a while as far as updates are concerned. Shouldn't have let the screen put you off, I'm using a iPad Air and its pretty much the same screen (unbonded), perfectly happy with mine and I'm fussy as hell.

fantastic, i'm going for them, both boy's & me were very happy with our ipad mini's just now they no longer update they are running really slowly so time to upgrade their's. Again Thank you for all your help it's much appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions