Ipad pro

Posted 31st Jul 2020
Hi

Just looking for some advice, never had a ipad before and looking to purchase one.

I would be using it for Netflix and streaming mainly but video calls and face time aswell

Does anyone have any advice on good deals for the ipad Pro and the main differences in the versions of them I.e 2018 etc

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
For what you need an iPad Pro wouldn’t be necessary. The Pro has incredible performance but this isn’t needed for streaming media or face time. A standard iPad would be more than sufficient for what you will be using it for.
I love my pro.
Its a 2015 I think 128gb WiFi and cellular 12.9”.
Still as good as the day I got it.
Depends what size you prefer.

They come in
7.9"
9.7"
10.2"
10.5"
11"
12.9"
bigwheels31/07/2020 18:34

I love my pro.Its a 2015 I think 128gb WiFi and cellular 12.9”.Still as g …I love my pro.Its a 2015 I think 128gb WiFi and cellular 12.9”.Still as good as the day I got it.

I have one aswell and it’s great. I wouldn’t pay the prices for the modern day one though as it’s pretty much double what I paid for mine. You can get one of the 1st gen for £2 - £300 on eBay.

That being said, I’d only buy a pro if you actually had a desire for the 12.9 version. I bought my wife a standard ipad last year and it does everything that we need it to do and that was under £300 new.
alictait31/07/2020 19:23

I have one aswell and it’s great. I wouldn’t pay the prices for the modern …I have one aswell and it’s great. I wouldn’t pay the prices for the modern day one though as it’s pretty much double what I paid for mine. You can get one of the 1st gen for £2 - £300 on eBay.That being said, I’d only buy a pro if you actually had a desire for the 12.9 version. I bought my wife a standard ipad last year and it does everything that we need it to do and that was under £300 new.

Yep, I paid around £600 for mine on eBay and got a standard 2019 model for the wife from eglobal central for £215 ish.
I will have a look on ebay for some of the older pro models I think the modern ones are really expensive
Get the 12.9” you won’t regret it , get even the first gen as it will suit your needs .

Grab one from eBay or shpok

Got mine a year ago off a lady on shpok £200 frost gen mint condition . Could sell if now and make £150 profit on it
Edited by: "ashmac" 31st Jul
Have a look at the iPad Air 3. That would be as far as you’d want to go for what you require. You won’t be disappointed
i have the 12.9 ipad - its nice, but it is heavy! The 2018 models are USB-C vs the older gen1 and gen2 are lightening cables.

An ipad pro is overkill for most people - unless you want that screen size. iOS is as annoying as it always has been, but the numbers of apps is superb.

As everyone else states, for streaming/facetime a recent ipad will be utterly perfect and probably 1/3rd price.
Post a comment
@
    Text