Ipad return to john lewis after a few weeks use?

6 replies
Found 9th Sep 2016
Hi all,

I need to buy an ipad now and I was hoping for the latest apple event to release a new ipad mini. Lot of people are suggesting it will be released next year or it maybe released next month. Who knows.

What I want to know is if I get one from John lewis whether I can take advantage of their 90 days return policy in the case of next month's release and return and get the new one. I don't think I'll be able to stomach seeing a new one coming out next month but I wouldn't mind if happens next year.

I know they say 90 days and to be in a resaleable condition. How strict are they with this vague offer to accept returns ?

Cheers.

6 Comments

can't you just wait oO

stefromuk

can't you just wait oO

Clearly not before the post was created. As stated it could be next week or next year and OP wants an iPad ASAP.

With regards to returning, I would have a good read over the terms and conditions, but with John Lewis being one of the better retailers with regards to warranties and returns I think you would be OK.

p9dyl

Clearly not before the post was created. As stated it could be next week … Clearly not before the post was created. As stated it could be next week or next year and OP wants an iPad ASAP.With regards to returning, I would have a good read over the terms and conditions, but with John Lewis being one of the better retailers with regards to warranties and returns I think you would be OK.

​ha ha that's what I get for skipping through the post.
I read the title about just a few weeks use

Resaleable isn't really that vague is it? And I very much doubt you 'need' any iPad that bad that you can't wait a short period of time.

John Lewis used to allow you to claim back the difference in purchase price if a product goes down in price over a certain period. I think it was 30 days, not sure though so check.
Edited by: "ipswich78" 9th Sep 2016

yes you can, I returned my 16gb iPad mini after 63 days of use last Christmas and bought a 64GB one.

'undamaged and unused' is the key part of their returns policy.

so if you want to use it for 3 months then return it, i doubt it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52480
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions