Groups

iPad - should I sell it or open it!??

Won a 32gb WiFi iPad 1 at work. Got it today, fresh in the box and sealed.

Never really planned on buying one - I already own an iPhone and a Macbook Pro.

Should I start using it? Or should I sell it? Reckon I could get about £300 for it if it's sealed.

Are they just a gimmick?

Need some input from people who own(ed) one!

16 Comments

personally i would sell it.

my brother loves his and id love to own one if u want to sell!! hint hint! loll

sell it and buy a 16Gb wifi iPad2

Banned

if you never really wanted one sell it and buy something you do want

Original Poster

bazzaric

sell it and buy a 16Gb wifi iPad2

i thought about that.. id especially want it for the face time. reckon it's worth while apart from that?

I wish I could find a 16gb 3g wifi white instock.

definately. I've been using it as a Video Conferencing device for the last few days and it's flawless.

Sell the current one and think to yourself you only are paying £99 for a new iPad 2...

t0mm

I wish I could find a 16gb 3g wifi white instock.

They had them last night in Aberdeen store!

bazzaric

They had them last night in Aberdeen store!

I'm not near any.. the nearest meadowhall but you cant reserve online anymore and I don't fancy the trek.

ordered online and still waiting tried to reseve aberdeen but no joy

Give it away in a thread in "The Misc".
    It may even top one of my many give away threads.

I suppose it boils down to whether you think the iPad would be something that you would actively use on a regular basis - if not then perhaps you should consider selling on or alternatively as suggested by the TheSaint put it up as a give away thread (if your not needing the money).

I've done something similar whether I gave away a free netbook last year here on HUKD.

Original Poster

Scotty Boy

I suppose it boils down to whether you think the iPad would be something … I suppose it boils down to whether you think the iPad would be something that you would actively use on a regular basis - if not then perhaps you should consider selling on or alternatively as suggested by the TheSaint put it up as a give away thread (if your not needing the money).I've done something similar whether I gave away a free netbook last year here on HUKD.

Ahh I don't think I could give it away, I'm not well off by any means and I did just have to pay £280 a new throttle body on my car. i know i should really sell it off, i'm just a bit of a sucker for gadgets though.

GF just won a 1st gen iPad from her school! She is already addicted to it and is refusing to let me sell it now!

I'm gonna wait for the third gen one's coming out this winter before taking the plunge...

I had the same dilemma a month ago! Ended up opening it and use it everyday now.

baconsandwich

Ahh I don't think I could give it away, I'm not well off by any means and … Ahh I don't think I could give it away, I'm not well off by any means and I did just have to pay £280 a new throttle body on my car. i know i should really sell it off, i'm just a bit of a sucker for gadgets though.

No probs - good luck with your final decision.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions