Groups

iPad user thread

Just thought I would put a thread up for any new iPad owners (like myself) to talk about best apps/ websites to show off their shiny new toy.

So far I have discovered comics which is an excellent comic reader. Also tvcatchup has a ipad site and works nicely. Please add others that you discover which may aide ipad users.

P.s I'm sure some of you will have the overwhelming desire to spoil this thread or start a debate about how rubbish and overpriced apple are but there are plenty of existing threads for that!!

18 Comments

The official BBC iplayer app is a must luv it

Original Poster

Just downloaded it and it looks awesome. Wish 4od would bring one out!!!!

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/423589/insanity-wolf-apple-ipad-nobodys-going-to-buy-that-crap.jpg

Didn't take long

Original Poster

Well this thread went very well I must say!! Not a lot of love for the iPad out their. It's funny how 99% of people who call it overpriced tat have never owned one, and doesn't the fact they all say overpriced just suggest they are annoyed it's not in their price range!?

I agree that the iPad could be more affordable, however why should apple price competitively when there is next to noone competing with them. My experience of the ipad is that it's a special bit of kit and worth every penny so far. If an android that's as good comes out cheaper I'll Be as happy as anyone.......can't we all just get along!!!! Rant over!

lol might as well just buy a windows pc

oh wait this isnt the macbook thread

1st gen ipads do look kinda tempting if they go around £250 mark

BBC iplayer
    BBC news
    Angry birds
    Viber (if you don't have an iPhone/itouch you use it on) - its like skype but better imo and has push notifications so if you are doing something it still rings. It uses your mobile number and you use your address book contacts to phone other people, so easy and a great app.

Great... Another "LOOK AT ME, I HAVE AN iPAD" thread!

Loads, facebook friendly is great. Telegraph app is good and free, bbc news and sky spots news. Think my fave app is the tunein radio player. Never looked back since getting the ipad personally, the windows lappy is gathering dust in the corner.

Nothing irritates people more onhere than people who like apple products. Other than if you like veggie food. I like both
    Edited by: "Lefty" 3rd Mar 2011

I'm not one for reading normally, but then discovered iBooks.

Download epub books (free) & drop them into iTunes & Sync. All of the artwork etc is then brought over as well.

The files are also tiny. I think the Harry Potter collection is 2mb !!

Didnt even think of the iPlayer App, will look at that later. TV Catchup works well on the iPad too.

Scrabble with the tile rack app for iPhone (if you have any mates)

gbspurs

Well this thread went very well I must say!! Not a lot of love for the … Well this thread went very well I must say!! Not a lot of love for the iPad out their. It's funny how 99% of people who call it overpriced tat have never owned one, and doesn't the fact they all say overpriced just suggest they are annoyed it's not in their price range!? !

This is why you get people slating Apple products.
    You're no better than the people who you are trying to belittle

Banned

gbspurs

Well this thread went very well I must say!! Not a lot of love for the … Well this thread went very well I must say!! Not a lot of love for the iPad out their. It's funny how 99% of people who call it overpriced tat have never owned one, and doesn't the fact they all say overpriced just suggest they are annoyed it's not in their price range!? I agree that the iPad could be more affordable, however why should apple price competitively when there is next to noone competing with them. My experience of the ipad is that it's a special bit of kit and worth every penny so far. If an android that's as good comes out cheaper I'll Be as happy as anyone.......can't we all just get along!!!! Rant over!

overpriced is overpriced its got nowt to do with whether you can afford it or not.

Chump.

why should apple price competitively when there is next to noone … why should apple price competitively when there is next to noone competing with them.

Super Chump.

Also got flash working now !!!

ChrisUK

Also got flash working now !!!

How? Need to get it working on mine

Download the puffin app.

A little slow but works well

ChrisUK

Download the puffin app.A little slow but works well

Cheers, will give it a go

ChrisUK

I'm not one for reading normally, but then discovered iBooks.Download … I'm not one for reading normally, but then discovered iBooks.Download epub books (free) & drop them into iTunes & Sync. All of the artwork etc is then brought over as well.The files are also tiny. I think the Harry Potter collection is 2mb !!Didnt even think of the iPlayer App, will look at that later. TV Catchup works well on the iPad too.

Agrees with above, I'm a chick lit girl found a great site for epubs, I like the IMDB app, tv listings one, quite like solitaire on it too, photobucket is handy, enjoy the map app, Ill screenshot its quicker

I lovely ipad as it's a quick start up, press a button and it's there, no waiting dor 10 flashing screens and 23 updates before I can get on the net, and like the iphone its the apps, they make things easy and fun. And I just love browsing so easily.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/skellysgirl/dc14af41.png

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/skellysgirl/38ada14b.png

Made them a bit smaller for easier viewing

Edited by: "skellysgirl" 5th Mar 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Currys Return33
      2. How long do CEX take to process a bank transfer?87
      3. I would not recommend anyone to buy tickets in viagogo33
      4. HP Instant Ink 4 month trial setup?1827