iPhone 11 and 5G

Posted 5th Oct
Is the price of the iPhone 11 about to fall because it doesn’t support 5G.

When Apple decides to go with 5G will people who buy the iPhone 11 now be able to use 5G on their phones - i.e. will it be a software update - or will they need to buy the iPhone 12
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
I’m no expert and I’m sure someone with more knowledge will comment but although there has been recent voucher codes on the like of eBay that has brought the price down I can’t see Apple themselves dropping the price any time soon. From what I’ve read sales seem to be doing ok and they aren’t going to anger a lot of people who have paid full whack by dropping the price so soon after launch. The phones won’t work with 5G full stop so unless you are in need of a new phone now and don’t want to fork out next year again for a 5G compatible phone I would hold out until then. See what Black Friday brings, it will be on offer somewhere I’m sure.
iPhone 11 has exceeded sale expectations and they have increased production to meet demand, I doubt they'll be lowering the price anytime soon.
iPhone 11 hardware do not support 5G.
Why would they reduce the price when people willing to pay silly price tag?
MiniMissyMoo05/10/2019 10:00

I’m no expert and I’m sure someone with more knowledge will comment but alt …I’m no expert and I’m sure someone with more knowledge will comment but although there has been recent voucher codes on the like of eBay that has brought the price down I can’t see Apple themselves dropping the price any time soon. From what I’ve read sales seem to be doing ok and they aren’t going to anger a lot of people who have paid full whack by dropping the price so soon after launch. The phones won’t work with 5G full stop so unless you are in need of a new phone now and don’t want to fork out next year again for a 5G compatible phone I would hold out until then. See what Black Friday brings, it will be on offer somewhere I’m sure.

Thanks for your comments. I am planning to buy an iPhone 11, probably not a Pro or Pro Max due to the, in my opinion, huge price premium for the “extra” camera lens. I know that the screen is better on the Pro models but the screen is bigger and better than my current iPhone 6. I will avoid the 64 Gb model.
Just wish Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals were not so far in the future!
ill keep a look out for the best deals - plan to buy phone outright and use a sim only deal.
If your getting it through a phone contract then EE and Vodafone are doing a free upgrade after 12 months. Just in time for when the 5g model probably comes out next year.
dtc33305/10/2019 11:06

Thanks for your comments. I am planning to buy an iPhone 11, probably not …Thanks for your comments. I am planning to buy an iPhone 11, probably not a Pro or Pro Max due to the, in my opinion, huge price premium for the “extra” camera lens. I know that the screen is better on the Pro models but the screen is bigger and better than my current iPhone 6. I will avoid the 64 Gb model.Just wish Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals were not so far in the future!ill keep a look out for the best deals - plan to buy phone outright and use a sim only deal.

Your welcome and I agree, I commented similar the other day on a post.
38610901-8Zg5Q.jpg
MiniMissyMoo05/10/2019 14:15

Your welcome and I agree, I commented similar the other day on a …Your welcome and I agree, I commented similar the other day on a post.[Image]

I’m not convinced I need the Pro although I do like the screen and extra camera lens, it costs a third more than the iPhone 11. I’d be happy with an iPhone 11 with 128gb ... I’m searching now !
dtc33305/10/2019 16:16

I’m not convinced I need the Pro although I do like the screen and extra c …I’m not convinced I need the Pro although I do like the screen and extra camera lens, it costs a third more than the iPhone 11. I’d be happy with an iPhone 11 with 128gb ... I’m searching now !

If you haven’t already and you’re able to then go into a shop and compare, I’m glad I did because I really wasn’t wowed by the difference between them especially for the extra premium. I looked at various features, took photographs etc and for my needs the 11 is more than enough and is a big upgrade from the 7. From the 6s you’ll notice a big difference too. I’ve had the 7 for 3 years and it’s in great condition but the battery is now at 76% capacity. It’s 128gb and almost full so that’s why I’m looking at the 256gb.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants