iPhone 11 Pro Max - Best Deal?

Posted 14th Sep
Howdy, anyone found a good deal on the iPhone 11 Pro Max? Ideally on EE min 50GB data.

So far my findings are iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB: 50GB Data, Unlimited Calls/Texts £41/month and £439 up-front, total £1,423.00.

Been told since 6+ days buy out-right and sim only but everything I've worked out so far it's total cost is more than a contract?

I'm aware of the RPI or CPI inflation each year, and ready for the Apple haters on here.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

20 Comments
20% off EE contracts for students making it £32.80, there’s the other new iPhone which is worth it unless you’re a serious photographer / videographer
You'd be better off waiting 2 months for the Black Friday sales, I have all my recontracts due then to get a much better deal, the savings you make over the 2 year duration makes it worth the wait.
KeyboardKitten14/09/2019 20:10

20% off EE contracts for students making it £32.80, there’s the other new i …20% off EE contracts for students making it £32.80, there’s the other new iPhone which is worth it unless you’re a serious photographer / videographer

Which company is offering this student discount?
Wow that's a contract and a half lol. May I ask do you really need that latest iphone? The xr and xs 10, are still adequate.
STRICKIBHOY14/09/2019 21:59

Wow that's a contract and a half lol. May I ask do you really need that …Wow that's a contract and a half lol. May I ask do you really need that latest iphone? The xr and xs 10, are still adequate.

Yes. I’m one of those that need the latest and greatest although I’m on the 7+ now so kinda failed there.
Seriously id let the dust settle on this new phone, see the real/average deal pop up. You'll start to see deals appear even as cold as they go they are still the best you get. I done that with the daughters xr. Just be patient for a month?
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 14th Sep
alex.tbn14/09/2019 21:02

Which company is offering this student discount?

Unidays! On EE deals
STRICKIBHOY14/09/2019 22:27

Seriously id let the dust settle on this new phone, see the real/average …Seriously id let the dust settle on this new phone, see the real/average deal pop up. You'll start to see deals appear even as cold as they go they are still the best you get. I done that with the daughters xr. Just be patient for a month?

I don’t plan to purchase until around mid-October I’m just looking what the current best deal is now so I can keep track of drops if it drops below todays deal.

Unfortunately I’m not a student.
Know any friends or family that work @EE? If so they could get you 30% off family & friends deal. Same goes if you have friends or family working at Apple - 15% off for sim free phone & then just get a sim only deal, or try one of your small local mobile shops to see if they're doing any deals, my local shop is doing the pro max 256gb for £1100 sim free.
KeyboardKitten14/09/2019 22:46

Unidays! On EE deals

That only works when buying direct from EE. I'd assume the above deal is via a reseller.
dagsky15/09/2019 01:11

Know any friends or family that work @EE? If so they could get you 30% off …Know any friends or family that work @EE? If so they could get you 30% off family & friends deal. Same goes if you have friends or family working at Apple - 15% off for sim free phone & then just get a sim only deal, or try one of your small local mobile shops to see if they're doing any deals, my local shop is doing the pro max 256gb for £1100 sim free.

Unfortunately not.
J_B15/09/2019 05:43

That only works when buying direct from EE. I'd assume the above deal is …That only works when buying direct from EE. I'd assume the above deal is via a reseller.

That's correct, yeah. uSwitch deal EE direct is crazy money. £70 just for 1GB 100GB for £89.
Also if you get an ee contract with low data it can’t be cheap to up plan, I started on 10gb plan and upped to 30gb max plan 1 month in for £3.50 a month extra and now just upped to unlimited everything including BT sport and worldwide roaming like USA again for extra £3.50 so for £7 went from cheapest possible plan to the current highest plan which is £36 a month sim only and doesn’t come with BT and full roaming
toonsquirel15/09/2019 14:18

Also if you get an ee contract with low data it can’t be cheap to up plan, …Also if you get an ee contract with low data it can’t be cheap to up plan, I started on 10gb plan and upped to 30gb max plan 1 month in for £3.50 a month extra and now just upped to unlimited everything including BT sport and worldwide roaming like USA again for extra £3.50 so for £7 went from cheapest possible plan to the current highest plan which is £36 a month sim only and doesn’t come with BT and full roaming

Interesting, thanks.
Almost all the time it is cheaper to pay outright for the phone (or Apple in-store offers 0% interest payment plan) and then get a SIM-only tariff. But if you have done the maths and this is a good deal to you then I don't think you will get a better offer. Three or Giff Gaff can be much cheaper for SIM only compared to EE or o2
jon81uk16/09/2019 14:12

Almost all the time it is cheaper to pay outright for the phone (or Apple …Almost all the time it is cheaper to pay outright for the phone (or Apple in-store offers 0% interest payment plan) and then get a SIM-only tariff. But if you have done the maths and this is a good deal to you then I don't think you will get a better offer. Three or Giff Gaff can be much cheaper for SIM only compared to EE or o2

Yeah I looked at GiffGaff but from previous sim only the 02 signal around here is lucky to get 3G stable so makes it a blowout. I worked out sim only and buying phone direct or the 20 month agreement with Apple (0% APR) it’s around £200 more give or take.

Will take a look at Three sim deals and signal, cheers.
Edited by: "FlexR" 16th Sep
KeyboardKitten14/09/2019 20:10

20% off EE contracts for students making it £32.80, there’s the other new i …20% off EE contracts for students making it £32.80, there’s the other new iPhone which is worth it unless you’re a serious photographer / videographer

I was lucky enough to get a student code from someone random on twitter. However, still didn’t beat the reseller deal in my original post.

I take a lot of photos and videos and this would be a big jump from my 7+ camera.
FlexR16/09/2019 15:02

I was lucky enough to get a student code from someone random on twitter. …I was lucky enough to get a student code from someone random on twitter. However, still didn’t beat the reseller deal in my original post. I take a lot of photos and videos and this would be a big jump from my 7+ camera.

Ah I see about the photo’s! Still rocking the 6S headphone jack gang. If you wait a bit you’ll see some refurbed ones that are just people opening the box and returning it! The other iPhone not the pro has a pretty good camera also it’s not three it’s two I think a wide angle?
KeyboardKitten16/09/2019 15:04

Ah I see about the photo’s! Still rocking the 6S headphone jack gang. If y …Ah I see about the photo’s! Still rocking the 6S headphone jack gang. If you wait a bit you’ll see some refurbed ones that are just people opening the box and returning it! The other iPhone not the pro has a pretty good camera also it’s not three it’s two I think a wide angle?

The Pro has the same wide and super wide camera as the regular 11 but the Pro adds the telephoto (zoom) camera in addition. They are all 12 megapixel though.
KeyboardKitten16/09/2019 15:04

Ah I see about the photo’s! Still rocking the 6S headphone jack gang. If y …Ah I see about the photo’s! Still rocking the 6S headphone jack gang. If you wait a bit you’ll see some refurbed ones that are just people opening the box and returning it! The other iPhone not the pro has a pretty good camera also it’s not three it’s two I think a wide angle?

Gotta love the old headphone jack! I think my 6+ has it but I’ve listed that for sale with iPads, Watch S2 and other iPhones to fund the 11 Pro Max before I sell my organs instead. I considered the iPhone X refurbished last year but thought I’d save my money for a year and do sim only in my 7+ on VOXI.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants