iPhone 12 Pro Upgrade approach

Posted 31st Dec 2020
Hi all

I would appreciate some thoughts/advice on getting an iPhone 12 on EE contract as cheap as possible.

my minimum term on EE comes to an end on 15th Jan. I requested my PAC about 2 weeks ago as I thought this might trigger some contact from EE retentions, nothing yet.

I’ve been looking at the third party sites, saw quite a few contracts at £56 per month with £119 upfront. With this information I thought I use it to contact EE to try and get them offer at around £50 per month. This is what I was offered:

iphone 12 pro 128gb
100gb £180upf £57pm
100gb £130upf £59pm
100gb £80upf £61
100gb £30upf £63pm

i said why would I take any of these as they are all higher than what I have seen on third party sites. She said third party sites can get handsets cheaper blah blah blah...

I’ve been reading a thread where people have mentioned that they’ve been able to get a 20% perks at work discount applied to monthly cost after taking out contract via third party. How can I go about this. Also I would have to port from EE and back, would this complicate chances of getting perksatwork discount.

when does the actual contract start from. Is it from when EE approve or when handset is received as I’ve noticed there appears to be a bit of a wait to ship the iPhone 12 pro.

thanks
Community Updates
Ask
1 Comment
Post a comment