Groups

iphone

Hi everyone i got iPhone 6s i need to transfer my picture and video into i flash drive memory stick, which should i buy any advice please help

23 Comments

Using a laptop? Or you want to directly transfer?

Might be easier to just download Google Photos and move them all up there.

misterleoni17 m ago

Using a laptop? Or you want to directly transfer? Might be easier to just …Using a laptop? Or you want to directly transfer? Might be easier to just download Google Photos and move them all up there.

As this chap suggests. Use Google Photos, it's an excellent app and also works as a fantastic backup for all photos / videos etc. There is a free storage option will which be more than sufficient for most people. You can then download the software to your laptop and it can synchronise all images.

photos.google.com
    Edited by: "ipswich78" 12th Jul

Original Poster

i need to transfer directly from iPhone.

iCloud

Original Poster

i cloud take a longer time and i cannot select all pictures to transfer, i have click one by one to transfer.

you can buy a USB flash drive for iPhones

trivium

Yes, Sandisk make one. Even as an iPhone user (along with Android) I have to say iPhones aren't the best devices to use if you don't use cloud services and want to plug things in for backups though. Out of interest, why do you need to transfer directly?

Original Poster

trivium

any recommendations link please

google drive job done and no money spent

Original Poster

mattmerch

google drive job done and no money spent

ok thanks

this is why you should not buy apple product. with an android phone you can use microsoft windows explorer to choose files and move them so easily. you could even send files over bluetooth but try doing anything with apple and it is not compatible with windows.

mutley1

this is why you should not buy apple product. with an android phone you … this is why you should not buy apple product. with an android phone you can use microsoft windows explorer to choose files and move them so easily. you could even send files over bluetooth but try doing anything with apple and it is not compatible with windows.

I was wondering how long it would take for this sort of response to appear. I've been using Android and iOS devices consecutively for years and I have never felt the need to send files over Bluetooth - there's WhatsApp etc for the social aspect and Google Photos, OneDrive, Dropbox etc for online storage.

misterleoni

I was wondering how long it would take for this sort of response to … I was wondering how long it would take for this sort of response to appear. I've been using Android and iOS devices consecutively for years and I have never felt the need to send files over Bluetooth - there's WhatsApp etc for the social aspect and Google Photos, OneDrive, Dropbox etc for online storage.

Not to mention, you can VERY easily move photos and videos to a Windows machine with an iPhone without even installing iTunes - it just shows up as a camera.

I transfer files between devices regularly. I dont want the slow snail of upload to cloud land. When i plug ipad into windows laptop, windows can not see ipad and i have use clumsy itunes, which is often hit and miss. I really regretted buying the ipad and should have bought a samsung tablet. Life would be a lot easier.

i dont want to throw away the ipad but the next tablet or product will definately not apple! I hate it with a vengeance, so clumsy

mutley1

I transfer files between devices regularly. I dont want the slow snail of … I transfer files between devices regularly. I dont want the slow snail of upload to cloud land. When i plug ipad into windows laptop, windows can not see ipad and i have use clumsy itunes, which is often hit and miss. I really regretted buying the ipad and should have bought a samsung tablet. Life would be a lot easier.i dont want to throw away the ipad but the next tablet or product will definately not apple! I hate it with a vengeance, so clumsy

Your computer must be faulty then. No point blaming Apple for a rubbish PC.

An iPad or iPhone will show up in the camera wizard as soon as you plug it in, so you can copy all your pictures and videos over to your PC unless there is a Windows driver issue. There is no need to install any drivers at all . Not sure what else you'd want to copy over but you can pretty much do everything you can do on a Samsung tablet, you just need to do it differently.

I've owned lots of Android and iOS phones and tablets and the biggest mistake people make is to assume that both devices will work the same way - they run an entirely different OS with an entirely different way of doing things but you can learn the ropes if you put the effort in.

misterleoni39 m ago

Your computer must be faulty then. No point blaming Apple for a rubbish …Your computer must be faulty then. No point blaming Apple for a rubbish PC. An iPad or iPhone will show up in the camera wizard as soon as you plug it in, so you can copy all your pictures and videos over to your PC unless there is a Windows driver issue. There is no need to install any drivers at all . Not sure what else you'd want to copy over but you can pretty much do everything you can do on a Samsung tablet, you just need to do it differently. I've owned lots of Android and iOS phones and tablets and the biggest mistake people make is to assume that both devices will work the same way - they run an entirely different OS with an entirely different way of doing things but you can learn the ropes if you put the effort in.

My laptop is not faulty. It reads all the files from android but doesnt like ios. It is running windows 10, but same problem when it was running windows 8.1

i posted a question on ask and was advised by everyone that i need to transfer files through itunes. That is a real pain. I will try again tomorrow, but i would be surprised to see it on my laptop.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, so far experience apple product look good but for me very complicated. i restore phone via i cloud i lost all whatapp pictures whatapp show question mark and battery problem drain battery? these happens after 12 month warranty , any way i transfer pictures in google photo ...........

mutley1

My laptop is not faulty. It reads all the files from android but doesnt … My laptop is not faulty. It reads all the files from android but doesnt like ios. It is running windows 10, but same problem when it was running windows 8.1i posted a question on ask and was advised by everyone that i need to transfer files through itunes. That is a real pain. I will try again tomorrow, but i would be surprised to see it on my laptop.

Android devices uses a different connectivity method called MTP. It's possible that your laptop works fine with one system and not with the other if a driver hasn't installed properly when you first connected the iOS device.

Google Photos is an excellent app, generally, and gives you access to your photos anywhere. Just be sure to open the app now and again to make sure it sends the photos up to the cloud as the app won't run in the background.

misterleoni2 h, 50 m ago

Android devices uses a different connectivity method called MTP. It's …Android devices uses a different connectivity method called MTP. It's possible that your laptop works fine with one system and not with the other if a driver hasn't installed properly when you first connected the iOS device.

i have used another laptop on windows 7 to connect the ipad so the issue is not just with one laptop. windows do not like IOS. i transfer music, PDF documents, photos, videos between the devices, so not just photos and videos.

with android everything is very easy. you plug the device into the laptop and it sees the device in windows explorer as another folder and you can copy and paste anything you like between the devices and the laptop. when i plug in the ipad, only itunes recognise the ipad, windows explorer does not see the ipad.

i can send files from my laptop via bluetooth to my android devices but i can not do this to the ipad as windows state that it is not compatible.

apple may produce good quality products but it is not user friendly if you want to start communicating with other devices around the house.

mutley1

i have used another laptop on windows 7 to connect the ipad so the issue … i have used another laptop on windows 7 to connect the ipad so the issue is not just with one laptop. windows do not like IOS. i transfer music, PDF documents, photos, videos between the devices, so not just photos and videos.with android everything is very easy. you plug the device into the laptop and it sees the device in windows explorer as another folder and you can copy and paste anything you like between the devices and the laptop. when i plug in the ipad, only itunes recognise the ipad, windows explorer does not see the ipad.i can send files from my laptop via bluetooth to my android devices but i can not do this to the ipad as windows state that it is not compatible.apple may produce good quality products but it is not user friendly if you want to start communicating with other devices around the house.

At the end of the day it's a different system and isn't for you. You can't use Windows Explorer to transfer files because this wouldn't fit in with the different file structure of iOS, and they wouldn't let you just drag any old file on there anyway as one of the strengths of iOS is in its security, which is in some ways tied to this different way of doing things.

It doesn't make iOS a worse OS than Android, it's just a worse OS for you, which is fine. Personally I haven't felt the need to transfer a file by plugging my phone into a laptop for years as most of my life is in the cloud. If I did need to transfer a file I can do it securely in a matter of seconds via Airdrop from my Mac. I always carry an Android device too, and I similarly live in the cloud with it.

You prefer the old style of doing things, which is fine. But don't expect Apple to change the way the file system works for you as they operate on their own terms and they either work for you or they don't. There are plenty of Android tablets and phones available for people who want SD cards and the ability to use legacy file system features so it's win-win for everyone.

Aldi are this week selling a 64gb dongle that has a Lightning port on one side and USB on other so you can backup iPhone and transfer to pc. £29.99 I think it was instore

You should be able to connect your iPhone to your pc with the charging cable. Your iPhone should then display a message about trusting the pc connection. When you click Yes you should the be able to cut and paste from your iPhone to your pc using Windows file manager.
    That's how I do it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest Place to Buy Half Decent LED Bulbs - Bayonet & Spots43
      2. Which android box?47
      3. Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup22
      4. A mini break to Edinburgh - recommendations etc!711

See more discussions