Groups

iPhone 3g & 3gs

What's the difference between the two phones??

19 Comments

Original Poster

Should I get one on o2 or Orange??

Or wait to see what vodafone will offer

Any help will be repped

Look ]here. Prices are controlled by apple so you won't save any money by waiting for vodaphone.

Original Poster

DVS_Dee;6809292

Look ]here. Prices are controlled by apple so you won't save any money by … Look ]here. Prices are controlled by apple so you won't save any money by waiting for vodaphone.

I'm getting it on contract, so would Vodafone be able to offer a better deal with regards to minutes/texts etc?

Rhianne;6809309

I'm getting it on contract, so would Vodafone be able to offer a better … I'm getting it on contract, so would Vodafone be able to offer a better deal with regards to minutes/texts etc?

probably not, go for the one with a better 3G signal in the area.

Although orange charge you to send pic msgs, voda will too prob, o2 don't.

Original Poster

t0mm;6809319

probably not, go for the one with a better 3G signal in the area.Although … probably not, go for the one with a better 3G signal in the area.Although orange charge you to send pic msgs, voda will too prob, o2 don't.

:thumbsup:

Many thanks!!

Original Poster

Now final question.

White or Black??

Rhianne;6809354

Now final question.White or Black??:)

Personal preference, my 32GB is black, but I wish i got a white now.

Original Poster

t0mm;6809374

I think i'm gonna go for the white.

How good is the phone anyway?

I'm a bit wary about a 24 month contract as I tend to get bored with my phone within a year.

Speed it can run app's and browse the internet.

youtube.com/wat…P-Q

Original Poster

Do Orange do unlimited internet??

Rhianne;6809928

Do Orange do unlimited internet??

Yes Orange do unlimited internet here's the ]Orange price plan (it's more or less the same as the O2 one and I expect Vodafones will be similar too!).

Original Poster

DVS_Dee;6809996

Yes Orange do unlimited internet here's the ]Orange price plan (it's more … Yes Orange do unlimited internet here's the ]Orange price plan (it's more or less the same as the O2 one and I expect Vodafones will be similar too!).

Brill.

I've ordered the 3gs 16gb in white on the £44pm package.

Thanks a lot

t0mm;6809374

I have a white 3GS, and it gets mingin I must admit.

But I stil prefer it due to its resell value.

The 3GS is ALOT faster than the 3G, just incase the OP wants to know.

Original Poster

aircanman;6810031

I have a white 3GS, and it gets mingin I must admit. But I stil prefer … I have a white 3GS, and it gets mingin I must admit. But I stil prefer it due to its resell value. The 3GS is ALOT faster than the 3G, just incase the OP wants to know.

Must get a cover for it then!!

:thumbsup:

Rhianne;6810096

Must get a cover for it then!!:thumbsup:

BTW Orange ISNT unlimited internet theres like a 500mb fair use policy..

I should have mentioned that to you:thinking:.

O2 is unlimited unlimited.

Original Poster

t0mm;6810335

BTW Orange ISNT unlimited internet theres like a 500mb fair use policy..I … BTW Orange ISNT unlimited internet theres like a 500mb fair use policy..I should have mentioned that to you:thinking:.O2 is unlimited unlimited.

ordered with orange now.

how far will 500mb get me

Rhianne;6810413

ordered with orange now.how far will 500mb get me

Quite far I would think.

What I do is disable bluetooth unless you really need it, then enable wifi, so if you have wifi you are using that, it will consume less power than 3G in the long run. (if you make a few calls a day and use the net a bit, you are gonna get under 2 days of battery from the phone)

Banned

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Personally i would wait for vodafone (I'm on vodafone with a jailbroken iphone), and it works great.

most of the time (and I know its all about where you are etc) I get 3G/data/signal and mates on o2 iphones struggle.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Rhianne;6810413

ordered with orange now.how far will 500mb get me

Pretty far I think, I just prefer the unlimited choice.
    vibeone;6812312

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen]Personally i would wait for … [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen]Personally i would wait for vodafone (I'm on vodafone with a jailbroken iphone), and it works great.most of the time (and I know its all about where you are etc) I get 3G/data/signal and mates on o2 iphones struggle.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

As VB1 says.

I got my 3G S on launch day on o2 on a 2 year contract, although I barely have any problems connecting to a 3G connection I would have preferred going on to Vodafone - I have a Vodafone broadband dongle and I get great speeds.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5012483
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764718
      3. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!912
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?35234

See more discussions