iPhone 3G 8GB vs Nokia N95 8GB

As title, please let me know the best option.

Money is not a problem....

Thanks, will rep !

34 Comments

http://www.100cute.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/apple-3g-iphone_39.jpg

No Brainer...

If money isnt a problem fancy buying me a iphone?

Original Poster

Pitbikeboy;2953259

If money isnt a problem fancy buying me a iphone?

Hehe :-D

if money is no problem, then its down to which looks cooler.

http://blog.mandalatv.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/phones.jpg

has to be the iphone!

check out the iphone applications... loads of free games etc including things like simplify where u can play your entire itunes library from your home PC on your iphone anywhere on your travels.... brilliant!!

i would prefer the iphone over the n95 as it is much easier to use, specially for web browsing (touch screen)..the iphone looks better... and well i like it more lol... hope that helps...

Had both, iPhone wins hands down for me

Banned

catinthehat;2953278

if money is no problem, then its down to which looks cooler.has to be the … if money is no problem, then its down to which looks cooler.has to be the iphone!

but that's the original N95?

Banned

I vote for the N96 anyway

http://www.cnet.co.uk/i/c/blg/cat/mobiles/n96vs/1.jpg

lumoruk;2953460

I vote for the N96 anyway

Whens the N96 out?

iphone all the way, you will never be able to go back after owning one.

i see the n96 have gone for rounded edges to get a similar feel for the iphone.

Banned

catinthehat;2953565

i see the n96 have gone for rounded edges to get a similar feel for the … i see the n96 have gone for rounded edges to get a similar feel for the iphone.

Nokia have always gone for content and features first, rather than looks :thumbsup: and for some stupid reviews I've seen, N95 does do real web surfing using Opera mini, and there are some more being released soon.

iphone all the way, you will never be able to go back after owning one.

Yep exactly got rid of my iphone before and str8 away got one bk again lol.

See i went for the n95 8gb aswell but i couldnt get used to using buttons and also the web browser on the iphone is superior.

Banned

as a phone the N95 wins hands down (N95 smashes the iPhone).

As a gadget the iPhone prob wins, but I have an iPod already and dont want them to be the same device!

thats the whole point the iphones got everything in one. And for being a phone the iphone wins as the battery life is better lmao

MarzBarz;2954074

thats the whole point the iphones got everything in one. And for being a … thats the whole point the iphones got everything in one. And for being a phone the iphone wins as the battery life is better lmao

The only thing going for the n95 is the fact you can bodge tomtom on it.

iPhone wins hands down - discussion over! lol

Banned

MarzBarz;2954074

thats the whole point the iphones got everything in one. And for being a … thats the whole point the iphones got everything in one. And for being a phone the iphone wins as the battery life is better lmao

It cant win as a phone just because the battery is better! My N95 battery life is great, can't understand all the negative comments. People hear the battery life is rubbish and then repeat it without actually using one themselves. I had an iPhone for 2 weeks and gave it to the missus because as a phone its rubbish, poor camera etc. I am not going to use one just because it is seen as 'cool'

Ive had nearly every phone in the market lol. Except for the latest ones atm.

Yeh but your the one that said as a phone and phones meant to be used for texting and calling right? The n95 is good in some aspects such as the applications. I like being able to have a div x player on my n95 8gb but its just the browser which does it for the iphone and the battery life. I used to play around 20 tracks on the n95 8gb and the battery life used to drop. Yeh i agree the camera isnt good but i dont use a camera on my phone in the first place.

MarzBarz;2954180

Ive had nearly every phone in the market lol. Except for the latest ones … Ive had nearly every phone in the market lol. Except for the latest ones atm.Yeh but your the one that said as a phone and phones meant to be used for texting and calling right? The n95 is good in some aspects such as the applications. I like being able to have a div x player on my n95 8gb but its just the browser which does it for the iphone and the battery life. I used to play around 20 tracks on the n95 8gb and the battery life used to drop. Yeh i agree the camera isnt good but i dont use a camera on my phone in the first place.

Have to agree, would usually change my phone every couple of months had most recent Nokias including N95 as well as MDA Vario I,II & III.

what the iphone lacks in hardcore features it more than makes up for in usability and it's the first phone I've had in ages that I've not wanted to change

and why is the camera always referred to, sure it's only 2mp but it's more than adequate for the odd snap. If I want to take decent photos I'll use a real camera...

Had both, the n95 is long gone, the iphone is not going anywhere:thumbsup:
Although 3g coverage is pretty poor on the iphone imo

jtx;2954256

Had both, the n95 is long gone, the iphone is not going … Had both, the n95 is long gone, the iphone is not going anywhere:thumbsup:Although 3g coverage is pretty poor on the iphone imo

Have you installed todays update? Mine's got a much better signal now (didn't even show 3G at home) and it's a lot less sluggish

Tillboy;2954265

Have you installed todays update? Mine's got a much better signal now … Have you installed todays update? Mine's got a much better signal now (didn't even show 3G at home) and it's a lot less sluggish

what update dude?

DudeyGeeza;2954283

what update dude?

have you been in a cave? ;-)

macrumors.com/200…le/

As promised, Apple has released the iPhone 2.1 firmware through iTunes this morning. The iPhone 2.1 contains the following updates as listed by Apple:

- decrease in call set-up failures andcall drops
- significantly improve battery life for most users
- dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
- improve email reliability, notable fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
- faster installation of 3rd party applications
- fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes if you have lots of 3rd party applications
- improved performance of text messaging
- faster loading and searching of contacts
- improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
- repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
- option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
- Genius playlist creation

The 2.1 firmware is build 5F136 and can be directly downloaded through iTunes. The new firmware also contains a number of security fixes including the well publicized passcode flaw.

Tillboy;2954289

have you been in a cave? … have you been in a cave? ;-)http://www.macrumors.com/2008/09/12/iphone-2-1-firmware-now-available/[IMG]http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=2954289[/IMG]

lol cheers, my bro will be happy, but he has to winpwn his, does that stil work on 2.1?

DudeyGeeza;2954313

lol cheers, my bro will be happy, but he has to winpwn his, does that … lol cheers, my bro will be happy, but he has to winpwn his, does that stil work on 2.1?

Will probably have to wait until the pwnage tool is updated, I'm happy to lose this for now and have the phone work better

ive just sold my n95 8gb it was rubbish! iphone all the way!

ive got both and had them for about 6 months+ now

the n95 8GB is a better phone overall

battery lifes kinda the same for both phones

texting and calling easier on n95

music better on iphone

apps are kind of the same but its easier to put them onto the iphone

camera better on n95 8gb

iphone - no mms, no proper bluetooth too

there are more differences but cant remember them

yus786

Banned

N95 8Gb had 3G from the word go, took Apple 1.5yrs to put it in?

Iphone has 1 year warranty
Nokia's have 2 years

Large network of Nokia service centres to take your phone in to be repaired

Banned

Not had a Nokia N95, but have had a 3G iPhone - which I returned. It looks very nice, has a great GUI, but nothing can hide the fact its not got the useful bells and whistles it should have. 3G on the phone is poor - its already been widely criticised for this. (This was the main reason mine was returned). Also the GPS is extremely poor and not supported for sat nav. Mine reckoned I was about 80 yards away from where I actually was.

I guess it mostly depends if you want to be seen as having the in gadget or not.

Tillboy;2954289

have you been in a cave? … have you been in a cave? ;-)http://www.macrumors.com/2008/09/12/iphone-2-1-firmware-now-available/As promised, Apple has released the iPhone 2.1 firmware through iTunes this morning. The iPhone 2.1 contains the following updates as listed by Apple:- decrease in call set-up failures andcall drops- significantly improve battery life for most users- dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes- improve email reliability, notable fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts- faster installation of 3rd party applications- fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes if you have lots of 3rd party applications- improved performance of text messaging- faster loading and searching of contacts- improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display- repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages- option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts- Genius playlist creationThe 2.1 firmware is build 5F136 and can be directly downloaded through iTunes. The new firmware also contains a number of security fixes including the well publicized passcode flaw.

guv;2956096

Not had a Nokia N95, but have had a 3G iPhone - which I returned. It … Not had a Nokia N95, but have had a 3G iPhone - which I returned. It looks very nice, has a great GUI, but nothing can hide the fact its not got the useful bells and whistles it should have. 3G on the phone is poor - its already been widely criticised for this. (This was the main reason mine was returned). Also the GPS is extremely poor and not supported for sat nav. Mine reckoned I was about 80 yards away from where I actually was.I guess it mostly depends if you want to be seen as having the in gadget or not.

Banned

improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display

Hmmm. I'd prefer it to say it improved the signal strength rather than its accuracy!

Im sat with both of them in front of me now and i was going to sell the N95 8GB but im gonna miss not having Garmin XT,BT Synced with my car, being able to forward txts and probably a few other things too.Im gonna hold onto to it for now while i have a good play about with the 3g iphone.Might end up selling it instead.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523394
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614053
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846051
    4. What an absolute disgrace1943

See more discussions