Iphone 3g. Battery life

On average how long would you say your battery life lasts?

I would say with fair use mine is dying by the time it reaches 11pm. So about 15 hour battery life.

Just wanted to know if this was normal whether i need to look into getting the battery replaced?

9 Comments

I charge my iphone every other day.

Banned

i was shocked to find this was normal. i thought my gf was a numpty cause her iphone was always on charge.

i have a touch hd and it lasts about 3days and i use it more than my gf uses her iphone. apparently 3.1 fw is supposed to help? is that true?

Original Poster

seems pretty poor for a class-leading device, i almost feel restricted to how much i can use it as i want to use it way more but the worry of running out of battery stops me.

Banned

dcx_badass;6265980

Probably not, they say that every firmware.

her iphone 3g is on version 2 fw... should she go to 3.1? is it worth the effort? i dont know much about iphones but she'l want me to update it for her so is it difficult? her phone isn't jailbroken or anything like that

Original Poster

bykergrove;6265966

i was shocked to find this was normal. i thought my gf was a numpty cause … i was shocked to find this was normal. i thought my gf was a numpty cause her iphone was always on charge.i have a touch hd and it lasts about 3days and i use it more than my gf uses her iphone. apparently 3.1 fw is supposed to help? is that true?

I havent tried fw 3.1 yet so hopefully will.

Have to say i love itunes 9 though, still could be improved but far better than previous versions.

Learning greensleeves on the ocarina app at the mo, definitely worth a download if you havent already.

Banned

mine lasts not even 12hours - make about 20/30 texts a day and spend hour on phone roughly

Banned

mr.potato_head;6265988

seems pretty poor for a class-leading device, i almost feel restricted to … seems pretty poor for a class-leading device, i almost feel restricted to how much i can use it as i want to use it way more but the worry of running out of battery stops me.

can't you get external batteries? i have a phillips one with different tips for my phone and ds ect

Original Poster

bykergrove;6266009

can't you get external batteries? i have a phillips one with different … can't you get external batteries? i have a phillips one with different tips for my phone and ds ect

I wasnt aware of this i will look into it. Thank you. repped

Not sure i want to add bulk to the phone though.

Thought it was a good idea to get a media device and phone together. now it seems i would have been better off getting an ipod touch and then a phone seperate.

Banned

mr.potato_head;6266146

I wasnt aware of this i will look into it. Thank you. reppedNot sure i … I wasnt aware of this i will look into it. Thank you. reppedNot sure i want to add bulk to the phone though.Thought it was a good idea to get a media device and phone together. now it seems i would have been better off getting an ipod touch and then a phone seperate.

pocket-lint.com/rev…430
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Pink Balls25
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213605
    3. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??1010
    4. Sad news about Barcelona67

See more discussions