Groups

Iphone 3G - Best protective cover (help)

I've just bought an iphone 3g and on the look out for a good protective case.
    Don't want a big bulky case or one of the flip ones.

I've saw the Incipio Feather Case for iPhone 3G/3GS posted on here for £10.06.
    Looks rather good but just wondering if there are any better than this.

I'd probably go with the majority of recommendations I get to this post.
    Thanks

43 Comments

thyeve got some pretty decent covers in poundland ive got one and its great

i found the ifrogz cases very good, slim, tough and look good.
    got mine from amazon for about £12-13

Original Poster

jamespir;6777811

thyeve got some pretty decent covers in poundland ive got one and its … thyeve got some pretty decent covers in poundland ive got one and its great

Poundland!!!
    I'll have a look there and see what they have. Would never have thought they would have done them.

Original Poster

landofdan;6777823

i found the ifrogz cases very good, slim, tough and look good.got mine … i found the ifrogz cases very good, slim, tough and look good.got mine from amazon for about £12-13

I'll have a look. Thanks :thumbsup:

Banned

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]I went for a combo selection of:

Bodyguardz Skin (or Invisi shield - doesn't really matter but I prefer BG) - front and back.

AND

Belkin Infra-red rubber skin thing.

Together its well protected, but still slim and looks good.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

vibeone;6777990

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]I went for a combo … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]I went for a combo selection of:Bodyguardz Skin (or Invisi shield - doesn't really matter but I prefer BG) - front and back.ANDBelkin Infra-red rubber skin thing.Together its well protected, but still slim and looks good.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Cool will have a look. thanks:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Does anyone know if I buy a body protector do I have to buy a see through face protector also

Go for the incipio, awesome case and all the reviews for it have been top!, it also comes with 2 screen protectors.

Original Poster

MarzBarz;6778822

Go for the incipio, awesome case and all the reviews for it have been … Go for the incipio, awesome case and all the reviews for it have been top!, it also comes with 2 screen protectors.

So it looks like I do need screen protectors. So the incipio comes with them. Thats good.
    Defo looks like the best one with what I've looked at so far.

Johniemac;6778878

So it looks like I do need screen protectors. So the incipio comes with … So it looks like I do need screen protectors. So the incipio comes with them. Thats good.Defo looks like the best one with what I've looked at so far.Thanks:thumbsup:

Yea ive had one. Been my favourite case because you cant even feel there's a case on the phone !

Original Poster

MarzBarz;6778896

Yea ive had one. Been my favourite case because you cant even feel … Yea ive had one. Been my favourite case because you cant even feel there's a case on the phone !

Sounds good mate. Thanks again

I've just ordered the 'invisible shield' from Zagg for my N97. Supposed to be virtually indestuctible and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

zagg.com/inv…php

Have a look, you can go through Quidco (20% which tracked same day for me) and I got another 20% discount on site for buying 2.

I did shop around and found it to be cheapest direct from Zagg.

Plenty of information to be Googled.

My iPhone is coming home today after it's little adventure down a toilet. I want a white cover though...I bought a white one for a reason. Do the incipio covers come in white?

angelfairee;6779076

My iPhone is coming home today after it's little adventure down a toilet. … My iPhone is coming home today after it's little adventure down a toilet. I want a white cover though...I bought a white one for a reason. Do the incipio covers come in white?

Yes they do white ones.

MarzBarz;6779110

Yes they do white ones.

I should have just looked really, shouldn't I?!

angelfairee;6779076

My iPhone is coming home today after it's little adventure down a toilet. … My iPhone is coming home today after it's little adventure down a toilet. I want a white cover though...I bought a white one for a reason. Do the incipio covers come in white?

The Zagg invisibleshield is colourless, see my post above :thumbsup:

Original Poster

angelfairee;6779076

I saw white ones on ebay for £11.95 delivered.

Original Poster

deek72;6779073

I've just ordered the 'invisible shield' from Zagg for my N97. Supposed … I've just ordered the 'invisible shield' from Zagg for my N97. Supposed to be virtually indestuctible and comes with a lifetime guarantee.http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-iphone-3g-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.phpHave a look, you can go through Quidco (20% which tracked same day for me) and I got another 20% discount on site for buying 2.I did shop around and found it to be cheapest direct from Zagg.Plenty of information to be Googled.

Thanks will have a look. :thumbsup:

deek72;6779137

The Zagg invisibleshield is colourless, see my post above :thumbsup:

zagg doesnt protect it against drops.

angelfairee;6779124

I should have just looked really, shouldn't I?!

Sorry you just asked if they do white ones and i replied.

amazon.co.uk/Inc…8-3

Banned

[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"]Anyone know where to buy the feather case on the streetz? Do apple stores stock them?[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

vibeone;6779336

[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"]Anyone know where to buy … [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"]Anyone know where to buy the feather case on the streetz? Do apple stores stock them?[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Yep they do.

MarzBarz;6779317

zagg doesnt protect it against drops.

Well does any? Really?

deek72;6779365

Well does any? Really?

The incipio does. The cover may crack but then the company replaces them for free.

Banned

MarzBarz;6779378

The incipio does. The cover may crack but then the company replaces them … The incipio does. The cover may crack but then the company replaces them for free.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]The Incipio doesn't dude... its good for what it is, but drop it etc and its toast just like the shields.

Interesting you say they are in apple stores... they werent in sheffield, but it has been done up so I'll go check.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

vibeone;6779408

The Incipio doesn't dude... its good for what it is, but drop it etc and … The Incipio doesn't dude... its good for what it is, but drop it etc and its toast just like the shields.

I'm not an expert but I would tend to agree. I should imagine only a padded case (exist?) would offer any 'drop impact' protection.

vibeone;6779408

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]The Incipio doesn't … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]The Incipio doesn't dude... its good for what it is, but drop it etc and its toast just like the shields.Interesting you say they are in apple stores... they werent in sheffield, but it has been done up so I'll go check.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Ive dropped my incipio on concrete lol. Lucky it fell on the sides though , then on the back. It wont protect the front fair enough.

vibeone;6779408

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]The Incipio doesn't … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]The Incipio doesn't dude... its good for what it is, but drop it etc and its toast just like the shields.Interesting you say they are in apple stores... they werent in sheffield, but it has been done up so I'll go check.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Read on forums and also youtube reviewers say that theyve purchased them from the apple store.

iskin revo is another nice case.

Original Poster

MarzBarz;6779518

iskin revo is another nice case.

Now I'm confused. This one looks good too.:thinking:

Johniemac;6779759

iskin is more protective :lol:, i used to have one for my 1st gen iphone.

Good luck in choosing.

Johniemac;6779759

Get the Zagg invisibleshield, then if it turns out to be crap, at least I'll know I wasn't the only one!:-D

Original Poster

deek72;6779837

Get the Zagg invisibleshield, then if it turns out to be crap, at least … Get the Zagg invisibleshield, then if it turns out to be crap, at least I'll know I wasn't the only one!:-D

LOL :w00t:

Original Poster

MarzBarz;6779819

iskin is more protective :lol:, i used to have one for my 1st gen … iskin is more protective :lol:, i used to have one for my 1st gen iphone.Good luck in choosing.

The iskin is double the price. :-(
    Is it more bulkier than the incipio?

Johniemac;6779923

The iskin is double the price. :-(Is it more bulkier than the incipio?

Yea. But its more protective and it also comes with a privacy screen protector so people sitting beside you on a train or plane they wont be able to see what you are doing.

Original Poster

MarzBarz;6779949

Yea. But its more protective.

I'm looking for the thinnest protective case I can get.
    The iskin looks too bulky for me. Pity as it looks good.
    Hoping not to drop the phone :w00t: but want to protect it from scrathes in my pocket etc.
    Think the incipio looks good for the money.

Johniemac;6779989

I'm looking for the thinnest protective case I can get.Hoping not to drop … I'm looking for the thinnest protective case I can get.Hoping not to drop the phone :w00t: but want to protect it from scrathes in my pocket etc.

Zagg!!

Original Poster

deek72;6780152

Zagg!!

Cheapest Zagg protective shield?
    I read bad reports about the zagg.
    On Iphone forum people were saying it was a pain to put on 20-30 minutes and recommended to let the film settle and dry overnight once applied. This means the phone should be untouched and remain turned off. Also bubbles on the protective surface.

Banned

Johniemac;6780252

Cheapest Zagg protective shield?I read bad reports about the zagg.On … Cheapest Zagg protective shield?I read bad reports about the zagg.On Iphone forum people were saying it was a pain to put on 20-30 minutes and recommended to let the film settle and dry overnight once applied. This means the phone should be untouched and remain turned off. Also bubbles on the protective surface.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]all the shields are a pain to put on. I'm pretty good at them now, but I went for a bodyguards shield as it protects the sides slightly better IMO.

You can go get a ZAGG shield for iphone for £15 from carphonewarehouse btw, which isn't a bad price.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

vibeone;6779408

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]Interesting you say they … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]Interesting you say they are in apple stores... they werent in sheffield, but it has been done up so I'll go check.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I went in there today to buy a 3GS & they didn't have any. Just thought I'd let you know so that you don't have a wasted journey!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917265

See more discussions