Groups

iPhone 3g help

I've got an iPhone 3g 8gb and every now and again it freezes or keep loosing internet and getting your Internet connection was lost anyone else having probs thanx x

8 Comments

Yes, ever since the last update mine has done the same.

I used to use Wunderradio a lot at work to stream radio 1, but since the last update it's unusable as it keeps losing internet connection every few minutes.

Hopefully it will get fixed in the next update.

Original Poster

Now u come to mention it this is since the last update I've lost connection a few times before update but it hE been worse especially the freezing up it gets really annoying

Just get a 2.2 IPSW from the web and restore to 2.2 by plugging iphone into itunes, press and hold shift and click restore in itunes, then select the 2.2 IPSW you downloaded.

This will restore you to 2.2 then just ignore the 2.2.1 update in itunes

Hey,

Can I still do that restore if I haven't got the original o2 simcard when this phone was bought?

SkippyDoo;4313777

Hey,Can I still do that restore if I haven't got the original o2 simcard … Hey,Can I still do that restore if I haven't got the original o2 simcard when this phone was bought?

Yup

It wasn't the 2.2.1 that caused my lost data connection problems, it was going from 2.1 to 2.2.
    I hoped 2.2.1 might have fixed it but it didn't.

Bobbajob;4314849

It wasn't the 2.2.1 that caused my lost data connection problems, it was … It wasn't the 2.2.1 that caused my lost data connection problems, it was going from 2.1 to 2.2.I hoped 2.2.1 might have fixed it but it didn't.

Restore to 2.1 Then, the IPSW's are all out there and the same procedure applies

But 2.2 adds a lot of nice features that I use that aren't on 2.1, such as podcast download without itunes, and improved google maps and the home button taking you to the first page.

I hang on for 2.3 or 2.2.2 which will hopefully fix the problem.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1117
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…22
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions