Found 21st Mar 2010
Got an Iphone 3G 16Gb of a mate, when i turn it on, with a 02 sim in it, it says something along the lines of it needs to activate and could take a while. it has no signal and has the same problem with all sims, going to get it unlocked or jailbroken tomorrow but someone told me that when they do that it still doesnt ring out, anyone know anything about this?

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
11 Comments

Its not been blacklisted has it ?

try itunes ro restore it

Banned

i had same prob with one i got!! and it had been reported stolen!!loads of places say they can unblock but if they can get it to work it stops working a day or two later!!so be careful not to waste ur money!!x

I had this with a brand new one, I needed an o2 iphone sim to get it going with the help of itunes (even though it was jailbroken). See if you can borrow an o2 iphone sim off a friend, then after a few monutes of going through and 'activating' the iphone you can put your sim into it without problems.

Original Poster

mate found it so maybe it is blocked then, buggar

Caroline72;8166465

And there's the answer.

Yes, if he found it, it almost 100% that it's been blacklisted...

Take it back to an O2 store and they'll sort it out.

Caroline72;8166465

FOUND IT! Defo been blocked/blacklisted then!

Hand it into police and request to be informed if not collected with x amount of days/weeks. Yours to keep then and un-block if required!

norfolk_enchance;8166497

Hand it into police and request to be informed if not collected with x … Hand it into police and request to be informed if not collected with x amount of days/weeks. Yours to keep then and un-block if required!

Only the registered owner can get a blacklisting lifted.

Original Poster

thought you cant get them unblocked? would o2 unblock it if i took it in?

Original Poster

steve1221;8166515

Only the registered owner can get a blacklisting lifted.

ahh thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Printer help please.45
    2. Flowers for anniversary11
    3. Netflix gift cards - best deal for annual sub11
    4. Best renewal with sky after last offer33

See more discussions