Expired

iPhone 3G help

Banned 5 replies
Found 23rd Nov 2010
My 3G has stopped working it starts up goes to iTunes logo an won't restore. It seems stuck in a loop. What can I do. Took it to a shop (not apple). They said they can't fix it. Any ideas???? Can't remember what firmware was on it last :0(

5 Comments

OK. Does it have any icon on the screen? Is it in discovery mode? Update Itunes, hold the power and home buttons down for ten seconds then release the power, keep home pressed for another 10 secs. Plug into itunes and update, you may need to load the latest update for the phone.

Think if u hold the home key and power key and wait for the silver apple logo to show - then while its powering up connect to itunes and hold the shift key on the keyboard - once all has loaded at that stage right click device name in itunes and do a restore.

good luck.

Original Poster Banned

I'll try both wen I get home. Thanks alot. Keep um coming tho. :0)

Iv'e also got exactly same problem with mine, it only allows me to make emergency calls.
Also no firmware info is shown in itunes,+ get this message in itunes "The sim card inserted in this iphone does not seem to support this phone", tried the above 2 soloutions with no luck oO
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Edited by: "taswir1" 23rd Nov 2010

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57570
  2. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22
  3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle68
  4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45

See more discussions