Groups
    EXPIRED

IPHONE 3G help pls how can i find out the firmware in activation mode(its brand new out of box)

Can anyone help please?

17 Comments

you need 2 get it jail broken, im suresome1 on herecan sort that 4 u m8:)
    hope this helps ps im a rep tert

I heard that with the newer 3G second generation phones, jailbreaking by software will only allow you to install programmes and not allow sims from other neworks other than 02 to work. What you need is a piggy-back sim which is around a tenner to buy (google 3g iphone unlock). The piggy-back sim goes ontop of your tmobile sim and you stick it/them both in as you would a normal sim and this will make the phone work as if an 02 sim is inserted.

Something like this: iphone-sim-unlock.com/3G.…tml

sickly sweet;3167560

Something like this: http://www.iphone-sim-unlock.com/3G.html

it's identical to a turbo sim :thinking:

Karim786;3167605

it's identical to a turbo sim :thinking:

Sorry, I thought that was a special type of t-mobile sim. :oops:

Original Poster

so you reckon I need to jail break it?

Original Poster

ah damn i dont know what firmware it is so dont know where to download the correct firmware files. Anyone know how to find out the firmware without activation?

why, just install 2.1 m8 ?

u on o2??

can download the firmware files from anywhere nowadas (iphonefreaks.com etc)

then just plug into itunes, no need to activate, just hold in shift then click restore and it lets you select the file you want to update it with, then if you need / want to, just keep it plugged into itunes and run quickpwn to get it working. But i dont think there is any sim unlock yet appart from the turbo sim method.

Original Poster

thanks repped

which one do i use out of these 2 ?

2.1.0 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw
    2.1.0 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw

p.s i got the turbo sim already i can see my t-mobile signal and people can call me just wana get past the emergency screen

MarzBarz;3168870

thanks reppedwhich one do i use out of these 2 ?2.1.0 (2G): … thanks reppedwhich one do i use out of these 2 ?2.1.0 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw2.1.0 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipswp.s i got the turbo sim already i can see my t-mobile signal and people can call me just wana get past the emergency screen

lol, you answered your own question dude, if you have a 3G one you wouldnt use the 2G firmware now would you..:oops:

Original Poster

oh yeh lol

but how do i manually update lol? its impossible? coz i cant get pass the emergency screen?

Original Poster

p.s dudey come on msn

Original Poster

winpwn not quickpwn then?

Original Poster

nope quickpwn doesnt have a dfu option

Original Poster

problem is its not activated so i dont see that itunes screen

Original Poster

yh it works on t-mobile people can call me etc but i just can seem to get past the emergency screen.

Hmm just fink ill return it.

Original Poster

cheers thats the one i have similar one no cutting involved.

Original Poster

also sadly i would but already have a normal iphone lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764190
      2. What do these 2 men have in common11
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846156
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1421

See more discussions