Groups

iPhone 3G Question

My cousin is staying over from Turkey and I bought her an iPhone 3G phone on Saturday with the intention of jailbreaking it, which I did just now.

Her Turkish SIM uses O2 network when she's in the UK. For some reason, O2 is not showing as the carrier when we put the SIM into the jailbroken iPhone 3G and she cannot make any calls.

I tried putting her SIM into my jailbroken 1st gen iPhone and it works fine showing O2 as the carrier with the ability of making calls.

Anyone know why this is?

3 Comments

jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things but if you meant that you have unlocked hers then try going into the network settings and doing a manual search.

Original Poster

akamini;4488769

jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things but if you meant that … jailbreaking and unlocking are two different things but if you meant that you have unlocked hers then try going into the network settings and doing a manual search.

Used Quickpwn for both, so how comes it's fine and the SIM works on my 1st gen Iphone and not on the iPhone 3G?

EDIT: Just tried the missus' Tesco SIM and the carrier still shows as O2.

i don't think you've done it right, not much i can say without getting in trouble, check out yellowsn0w
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism814
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…88
      3. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE11
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764319

See more discussions